2020 StingRay Special colors

Thread: Wireless systems?

User Info Menu

Wireless systems?

What are folks here using for wireless on your balls? I see older threads out there, but I'm wondering if there are any updated recommendations. I'd be looking to run it with my Majesties, JP15 and Luke III.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    EBMM Artisan Majesty 7 Nero
    EBMM Majesty 6 Arctic Dream
    EBMM Monarchy Majesty 6 Imperial Blue
    EBMM JP6 BFR Solar Burst
    EBMM JP16 6
    EBMM Cutlass SSS Turquoise
    Taylor 414CE
    Mesa Boogie JP2C

User Info Menu

Until recently I used a Shure GLXD Digital Guitar System - footpedal tuner. It was excellent, rock solid. The only reason I decided to sell it is that it is picky with power supplies. Even though my Pedal Power 4x4 was rated at or above its needs, and Shure gave me guidance on how to hook it up, there was a hum in my system. The hum went away when I used the Shure power supply, but I didn't want to use it (no room on board to mount it)

EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

No Boss with the Luke III (nor JP, nor Majesty, I guess). Preamp is Boss kryptonyte. Unusable.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Sparkle Pink
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

I'm hoping I can keep the budget relatively low. I'd like to keep it under $200. Anyone here tried out the XViv systems with Majesties, JPs or Lukes?

EBMM JP6 BFR Solar Burst
    EBMM JP16 6
    Taylor 414CE
    Mesa Boogie JP2C

User Info Menu

I use a boss wl50 but only on jp12, jp7 and an emg jackson.
    No idea if it works on trs modern mm tho
    JP12 Cherry Sugar (Piezo, Inlays, Headstock) Born 05/14/12
    JP7 Pearl Redburst (Piezo, inlays, headstock) Born 02/13/04
    Sold : JP6 Blue dawn & JP6 Mystic dream
    Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
    Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
    https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

User Info Menu

I use Line 6 G10 system but note it does not play well with any guitar taking a 9v battery
    2010 Axis Super Sport BFR Bahama Blue Burst Rosewood fretboard

2016 Gibson Les Paul Standard with Slash SD Pups

You only have 12 notes, what you do with them is up to you - Edward Van Halen

User Info Menu

My Xvive doesn't like it when plugged directly into my Cutlass.However don't despair a work around is a short lead 6" with a 1/4 " male at one end and a 1/4"female socket on the other.I use a longer lead on my Cutlass between them and velcro it on to my guitar strap.The Xvive needs to be far enough away from the electronics to get rid of the buzz.The longer version works on the Cutlass and on my Electro acoustic the shorter lead works too.It won't cost a lot to try it.I bought a 50cm lead 1/4 " male to 1/4 " female from Amazon UK I think it cost about 5 so I would imagine it will be about $5 in the USA.
    Last edited by Pops; 08-25-2020 at 08:06 AM.

User Info Menu

Line 6 G50 has been very solid with the JP XI and Majesty 2018, and all the other guitars. The additional transmitters a bit pricey.

User Info Menu

Ive been using a boss wl20 low impedance system with all of the listed gtrs wo any problems. The l series was designed to work with active electronics as i have emgs in the tele and strat and piezos in the jp and parker.
    Last edited by Fusionman; 08-26-2020 at 11:07 AM.
    2012 Fender American Special Tele sunburst w emg sas
    2007 EBMM JP6 Mystic Dream w/piezo, matching headstock, dot inlays (thanks Pete D)
    2005 Parker Nitefly Trans red
    2002 EBMM Axis Sport Trans gold, hum/hum, matching headstock, trem (thanks Mike Z)
    1984 custom Parts-O-Caster Strat Black w emg sas
    1976 Gibson 335 in sunburst

User Info Menu

I picked up an XVive U2 today. Charged it and hooked it up between my Majesty and Axe FX III. I didn't notice any additional audible noise, even with this Majesty boost engaged. I've only tried the Majesty so far and only had about 15 minutes to play until everyday life intervened. Hoping to try more tomorrow with different guitars including my Luke III and Cutlass. I also need to compare the tone with the XVive vs a cable.

EBMM JP6 BFR Solar Burst
    EBMM JP16 6
    Taylor 414CE
    Mesa Boogie JP2C

User Info Menu

WiC for Guitar | Audality

More than you said you want to spend, but it sounds great, the range is exceptional, and holds a charge forever.

I've gotten so far away from the amp that the speed of sound is a factor and makes playing impossible, and it still works. Not that I get the chance to wade out into the arena that often.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mace13 View Post
    Line 6 G50 has been very solid with the JP XI and Majesty 2018, and all the other guitars. The additional transmitters a bit pricey.
    I jinxed it. So, within 2 days after writing this one of the transmitters just flat out stops working! It will not power up! We'll see how well Line6 stands behind their products since it is still under warranty.