New banner

Thread: Replacement knobs

User Info Menu

Replacement knobs

Hey fellas,

I want to replace the knobs on my Silo Special to the knurled dome knobs like I have on my Morse. I'd like to have them in gold to match the rest of the hardware.
    I checked the MM online shop and didn't see any there.
    Do any of you know which knobs would work on a split shaft pot?
    Does MM make the knurled dome knobs in gold, and I just didn't find them?

Thanks.

User Info Menu

When I've not been able to find an official part online I've just called MM direct and talked to Billy Imperial who has always been able to find exactly what I need (not sure if he's still the point of contact it's been a couple years), or at least direct me to a place online to buy direct from (their supplier for custom pickguards for instance). Might make sense to just fill out the support form on their site and ask that way!

Albert Lee HH
    Silhouette BFR July '20
    Stingray BFR Dec '19
    Cutlass SSS
    Reflex Game Changer HSHP

User Info Menu

Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

I think the problem you'll find is that the posts on the pots of the Silo Special are split and these work best with solid posts. With that being said, Jon a former tech at EBMM, pimped out my AL MM90's and he put them on, I ask him how, he said, if memory servers me right he used a paper match it fits perfectly in the groove, he then aligned the set screw with the solid side of the post.

I prefer them as well.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Yes, but in gold.

User Info Menu

Sorry, took a closer look.
    Those are close, bit flat on top.
    I'm looking for the dome one in gold.

Thanks.

User Info Menu

I think the problem you'll find is that the posts on the pots of the Silo Special are split and these work best with solid posts. With that being said, Jon a former tech at EBMM, pimped out my AL MM90's and he put them on, I ask him how, he said, if memory servers me right he used a paper match it fits perfectly in the groove, he then aligned the set screw with the solid side of the post.

I prefer them as well.

Glenn |B)
    Thanks

I'll consider the match trick.
    Last edited by GrooveMerchant; 08-26-2020 at 01:03 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobyte View Post
    When I've not been able to find an official part online I've just called MM direct and talked to Billy Imperial who has always been able to find exactly what I need (not sure if he's still the point of contact it's been a couple years), or at least direct me to a place online to buy direct from (their supplier for custom pickguards for instance). Might make sense to just fill out the support form on their site and ask that way!
    Thanks.
    I'll do that.

User Info Menu

NP, Good luck, they might not have gold, but let us know and see the results please.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

I stock the JP replacement knobs in black and silver, and the Majesty knobs in black - sorry but I don't have the gold!

Search - replacement knob
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Thanks for checking.

User Info Menu

Dome Knob | stewmac.com

This what your looking for? Just make sure you know the shaft diameter.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Dome Knob | stewmac.com

This what your looking for? Just make sure you know the shaft diameter.

Glenn |B)
    Thanks.
    I did manage to find those yesterday, and they'll work.
    I guess I was just hoping there were some EBMM ones available.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveMerchant View Post
    Thanks.
    I did manage to find those yesterday, and they'll work.
    I guess I was just hoping there were some EBMM ones available.
    Sure, I get it. Chances are EBMM buys them from someone and they are just a reseller, but that's only a guess on my part.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Sure, I get it. Chances are EBMM buys them from someone and they are just a reseller, but that's only a guess on my part.

Glenn |B)
    You're probably right.
    Now if I just knew who they buy from.
    Haha.