Straps 2020

Thread: How does music man mark their B-stock?

User Info Menu

How does music man mark their B-stock?

Came across a guitar for sale online. Itís listed as B-stock. I was wondering how a buyer would be able to tell, if the seller didnít otherwise mention it?

User Info Menu

Music Man doesn't do B stock type listing that I've ever seen.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Oh, then it must be the sellers using that term instead of “demo” or “blem”.

When I hear “b-stock” or “second” I automatically think of the manufacturer.

User Info Menu

Thomann does that. They have two SBMM Lukes listed like that right now. But it's nothing to do with EB or SBMM, they are ex-demo or customer returns. They'll be virtually perfect. I've bought pedals B-stock from Thomann. Other than the broken seal on the box, they were pristine.
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Bought a Cutlass from Guitar Center that was listed as "new," arrived dinged up & one pickup not working. The fine folks at the factory got everything working right, set it up, even threw in some case candy -- great guitar, great service. But beware of Guitar Center.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by elvisdog View Post
    Bought a Cutlass from Guitar Center that was listed as "new," arrived dinged up & one pickup not working. The fine folks at the factory got everything working right, set it up, even threw in some case candy -- great guitar, great service. But beware of Guitar Center.
    Yah you gotta watch GC, glad it all worked out in the end.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by elvisdog View Post

Wasn't that when GC was blowing out the 2016/17 (pre-RS) models? When they get down to only a few of the discontinued models left in stock they tend to not say if what they have are new-in-the-box in the warehouse or if they are floor models - sounds like you got a floor model because that's all they had left.

User Info Menu

I'm sure that's what happened -- could have sent it back -- glad I didn't!