Strap Blocks

Thread: Ngd: Sabre

User Info Menu

Ngd: Sabre

I tried to resist. Mostly. I totally failed.

I played a Sabre in GC a little while ago when I was picking up another guitar. Long story short, the guitar I bought got returned due to a microphonic pickup. Unfortunately for my wallet, the Sabre was still there and my regular sales guy made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

I haven't seen much out there about these, but I can tell you they're awesome. The neck is on the thin side, but definitely feels more full than the Ibanez wizards I've played. Much more comfortable.

I don't know what magic ebmm worked with the pickups, but they're perfect. I know it's honeymoon time, but I can't find anything I don't like about this guitar. Setup was spot on straight off the rack.

I've got 25 years playing music man now, ever since I got my first guitar as a teenager.

Well done, Ball and Co!

No real beauty shots yet, been distracted by playing it.

Ngd: Sabre-20200831_180036-jpg
    Ngd: Sabre-20200831_184054-jpg

User Info Menu

Oh man- congrats! Great to hear about the pickups.

These really do it for me. I'm trying really hard not to buy one.

User Info Menu

That’s really nice! Congrats!
    ---------------
    Axis SS Semi-Hollow in Diablo Blue
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Cutlass RS in Charging Green
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Oh man- congrats! Great to hear about the pickups.

These really do it for me. I'm trying really hard not to buy one.
    I've cycled through a stupid amount of guitars in the last 5 years. It's been really fun to try things. I just went through a huge purge and have been looking at high end super strats. Played a bunch, and they weren't bad but overall left me flat.

This nails it for me. Soooo good. I though about getting a bfr silo, but I don't really do the hard rock thing anymore. The Sabre feels like a "do anything" type of guitar.

That's a long winded way of saying "buy one!"

User Info Menu

Man that finish is lovely. I’ve not owned a guitar of that style for a long time. I would like to get my hands on one of these eventually though. So many guitars to buy and not enough time/money LOL
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 8pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...ember-24-2020/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @NashvilleSkies

User Info Menu

Wow Dane congrats I have a feeling we are going to be seeing more and more of these showing up here.

That neck looks great just from the top!!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

congrats!!! excellent choice!

EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook