New banner

Thread: James Valentine BFR Questions

User Info Menu

James Valentine BFR Questions

Is the neck profile the same on the EBMM as the Sterling I owned? I generally liked the Sterling but found the neck thin for my tastes. In fact, neck profiles are probably my biggest dislike on EBMM. Ideal neck shapes for me are something like the PRS Silver Sky, PRS Vintage, or Ron Kirns Medium C on his T styles.

What's customer service like on EBMM models? If I ever have an issue do I just email?

What makes a BFR different or better than a regular model? It seems to me it's mostly limited colors, different inlays, and things like fancier flamed maple roasted necks. Is there something additional I might not be considering?

User Info Menu

So yes customer service is usually great to work with, very helpful, they only work during the week, so keep that in mind.

BFR's are basically what you said, limited in numbers, sometimes signed.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

In my experience, a Valentine BFR will be more like a Silver Sky in neck shape IF it has a bound neck. I haven’t played the Sterling version of the Valentine, but the regular Valentine is certainly not as beefy as the Silver Sky neck, though I wouldn’t call it thin. That’s a subjective statement, obviously. (I have a Silver Sky along with my Valentine, and sold a bound-neck BFR Valentine a few months ago. Not because it wasn’t great, but because I wanted a standard Cutlass and didn’t need 2 Valentines.)
    ---------------
    Axis SS Semi-Hollow in Diablo Blue
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Cutlass RS in Charging Green
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

I appreciate you both doing your best to answer my questions.