2020 StingRay Special colors

Thread: Intonation Screws

User Info Menu

Intonation Screws

Hi Guys,

First time posting. It's a pretty simple question with a convoluted reason for asking.

TLDR: What was the diameter on the intonation screws on a Sterling Vintage Tremolo

I'm currently halfway through a build and I was planning on installing a sterling vintage tremolo. I'm also wanting to put a B-Bender on the guitar. I have a saddle, where the intonation screw has been drilled through so you can run the string through the bridge and into the bender. I just want to make sure this'll fit on the bridge I'm planning on buying or if I'll have to get it drilled out. The screw I'm planning to installing is about 4mm in diameter.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Billyman_90; 09-21-2020 at 10:28 PM.

User Info Menu

Where were you planning on getting a Sterling Vintage Tremolo? I don't know if SBMM sells their bridges. EBMM certainly doesn't.

Also, I'm pretty sure a tremolo and a B-bender would NOT work together.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Someone is selling one locally so I'm assuming it came off their guitar. I realise the B-Bender wouldn't normally work but between the through saddles and the cwkshop bender I think I can make it work. I just won't be able to tremolo the b string. Saddle screws - Album on Imgur

User Info Menu

The lad finally got back to me. In case anyone stumbles on this thread I the distant future the screws are 2.6mm

Musicman Intonation Screw - Album on Imgur