2020 StingRay Special colors

Thread: Luke true gold second hand value

User Info Menu

Luke true gold second hand value

OMG want want want!! But can someone tell me why second hand value for these Luke true golds are sooo high? I know they are rare with 250 made worldwide. Seen one currently for sale at £3500. Thatís a bit much.. is it?

New to forum. Proud owner of an original luke 1 pearl blue and Luke 2 graphite grey (I think thatís the official colour)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nigelj View Post
    OMG want want want!! But can someone tell me why second hand value for these Luke true golds are sooo high? I know they are rare with 250 made worldwide. Seen one currently for sale at £3500. That’s a bit much.. is it?

New to forum. Proud owner of an original luke 1 pearl blue and Luke 2 graphite grey (I think that’s the official colour)
    Welcome.

Nice, they are pretty cool and an early BFR run. There is one on Reverb right now, at least it was there last night. The guitar market is strange at times, people always want a lot for there stuff, sometimes they get it and other times they don't. You can wait it out for fear that someone else will sang it, or if you have the $$ jump on it. They have been showing up very often, but they don't last long for sale.

By the way that Graphite Pearl Luke doesn't exist without pictures!!!! Hahahahahaha.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

The true gold Luke was kinda special. Besides the all rosewood neck, and the color, it had the EMG-X pickups. To my ears, they sounded like a blend between active and passive pups. Good luck!
    Starry Night LIII HH
    DuBaldo Blue LIII HH
    Bali Burst LIII HH
    some other LIIIs
    25th Anniversary

User Info Menu

Yea I had seen that and I’m watching it �� lol
    If I can figure out how to post I pic up I will ��
    Out of the luke 1 and Luke 2 I’m favouring the luke 2 ����

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JasonT View Post
    The true gold Luke was kinda special. Besides the all rosewood neck, and the color, it had the EMG-X pickups. To my ears, they sounded like a blend between active and passive pups. Good luck!
    Ahh yes the pickups are different.. I’d love to pull the trigger but the missus is looking a new kitchen put in! Ahh the struggle is real lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nigelj View Post
    Yea I had seen that and I’m watching it �� lol
    If I can figure out how to post I pic up I will ��
    Out of the luke 1 and Luke 2 I’m favouring the luke 2 ����
    I host mine on IMBB imbb.com.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Where are you based? There's one for sale here in The Netherlands for €2750. Not mine!

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/muziek-...eviousPage=lr#
    2003 Luke Luke Blue signed twice by Lucious
    2007 Luke LE Blue Dawn signed by Lucious

User Info Menu

Without wanting to hijack, is True Gold a “sort after” colour in other models or does that just apply to the Luke. Just so happens my JP6 is TG, but it’s not a BFR.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bill S View Post
    Without wanting to hijack, is True Gold a “sort after” colour in other models or does that just apply to the Luke. Just so happens my JP6 is TG, but it’s not a BFR.
    True Gold is a good color and was offered for a limited time, not one of my top favorites. On the BFR Luke, it seems to be sort after since Luke used his for quite a while.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Wow thank you.. I’m in Uk.
    Il chase that up. Looks lovely

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Where are you based? There's one for sale here in The Netherlands for €2750. Not mine!

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/muziek-...eviousPage=lr#

If only this was on eBay or reverb.. :-/