VPJR Tuner Launch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rip evh

User Info Menu

Sigh...

Yes, Edward is the reason I got my first EBMM guitar, too. Ordered over the phone (no Internet in 1991) from Bill's Music House, sight unseen, when I was 19. And now I have 182 EBMMs (88 of which are EVH/Axis).

I think that, despite the history, EBMM's Facebook post yesterday shows how classy the Ball family are. Sterling, Brian, Scotty and team are just a class act. Thank you guys for acknowledging what the EVH relationship did for EBMM.

Yesterday, my hero left this earth. He's the reason that I play guitar. He gave me something to aspire to, a dream to pursue. I can hold my own, but I never came close to what this man did on the instrument, and I never "made it". But he was still my hero. I own and play his guitars, I have the neck of my 1991 Ernie Ball Music Man EVH guitar tattooed on my left arm. And I'll miss him. But he left so much behind to continue to give me something to aspire to.

Here's Edward Van Halen in his prime. At the height of his powers. He was incredible. Innovative. Brilliant.

Rest in peace, EVH.

User Info Menu

Rip evh.

EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Man, I have so many memories where Van Halen is the soundtrack and I hope to make many more. Thank God music lives forever.

Yesterday on Twitter Steve Vai posted up a pic showing an empty pair of EVH sneakers with the caption, "Never to be filled". I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by dibart77 View Post
    Thanks for posting that link. I would have never seen it otherwise.

RIP and Godspeed Mr. Van Halen. Your influence will never be fully defined.
    SUB AX3 TBL/M
    AX30D CRB
    SILO 30D
    (They're better at being guitars than I am at playing them... lol )

User Info Menu

Absolutely terrible. 2020 has been very hard on all of us and it is sad to see EVH pass. RIP sir.
    "Welcome to the addiction!" is now patented by Koogie2k......if used by anyone other than Koogie2k....you must mail him a US nickel for each time said/typed or signed.......

A WISE AND RESPECTED MAN TOLD ME:

"Do something nice for someone everyday. Don't let your head hit the pillow until you do something nice for someone each day." I hope I don't let him down.

User Info Menu

I mashed up a few of my favorite licks as a tribute at last night's casual gig.

EVH is the reason I picked up the electric guitar in the first place. It was sad to hear cancer finally took him.

Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Wow Bad Azz Pete dam nice playing!!

User Info Menu

Nice job Pete!!!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Like so many others, EVH is the reason I first picked up a guitar & also the reason I bought my first EBMM guitar. 25 years later, itís still my favorite of many guitars. Long live the King

1994 EBMM EVH (Trans Gold)
    2009 EBMM Axis (Black Magic Crystal)
    2013 EBMM Axis (Black Cherry Burst)
    2018 EBMM JP15 (Sahara Burst)
    2020 EBMM Sabre (Honeysuckle)
    2020 EBMM Sabre (Blue Moonstone)
    2020 EBMM Cutlass HSS RS (Dropped Copper)
    2018 Suhr Modern (Bengal Burst)
    2021 Suhr Custom Standard (Faded Whale Blue Burst)
    2020 PRS McCarty 594 Singlecut (Tobacco Burst)