VPJR Tuner Launch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rip evh

User Info Menu

Rip evh

So sad... Eddie was the reason I bought my first EBMM.

RIP
    Steve

User Info Menu

I just heard about it!
    What a Loss! RIP Eddie
    Music Man JP7 PDN 2012 Honey Roasted #F20403
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2013 Emerald Green Sparkle #G68213
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2014 Neptune Blue Roasted #G71474
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2016 Starry Night #G77086
    Music Man Bongo 5HH PDN 2015 Vintage Tobacco Burst #F44860

User Info Menu

Indeed, RIP.

The reason why I bought my first EBMM too.
    Stevie

EBMM Axis Gold Flame
    EBMM Axis Tribute Purple Quilt
    Warmoth Strat Purple Quilt
    Warmoth Strat Tobacco Burst Quilt

User Info Menu

Very, very sad. Heartbreaking.
    I remember when he won 'guitarist of the year' in Guitar Player magazine, breaking Steve Morse's 5 year run....
    He will be missed...

Deepest sympathy to those close to him.....
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

I know the relationship with EVH and EBMM has been put through the ringer, and none of it needs to be re visited. But, damn if it wasn't the first signature guitar, and marketing of that guitar - which I fell in love with. . . THAT's what got me into EBMM. . . and my tastes and playing style gravitated toward other MM's, but that's where I found love for this brand. And I will always be thankful for that. I, like many other players that grew up in the 80's, am gutted. For the player, the music, the icon of the era. . . I'm broken.

Sending thoughts and prayers to all hid family, friends, colleagues, and fans that are as upset as I am. RIP.
    [SIGPIC[/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Dude, this just floored me. Damn. Terrible day for music. And like others, I have EVH to thank for many things, including three of my four guitars being an Axis/ASS. First record I ever owned and I remember listening to it in my bedroom until my parents made me turn it off and go to bed. Really sad day.
    '14 GC HSHP
    '14 ASS Semi HHP - Black Cherry Burst
    '14 ASS Semi MM90 - Honey Burst
    '16 Axis - Trans Gold Quilt

Fractal AX-8
    Bad Cat 2x12
    Seymour Duncan PowerStage 170
    Headrush FRFR-112

User Info Menu

This totally caught me off guard today. I didn’t realize he was still battling cancer. So sad.
    2008 LE Silhouette Special SSS
    20th Silhoutte w/Piezo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lifeson1 View Post
    I know the relationship with EVH and EBMM has been put through the ringer, and none of it needs to be re visited. But, damn if it wasn't the first signature guitar, and marketing of that guitar - which I fell in love with. . . THAT's what got me into EBMM. . . and my tastes and playing style gravitated toward other MM's, but that's where I found love for this brand. And I will always be thankful for that. I, like many other players that grew up in the 80's, am gutted. For the player, the music, the icon of the era. . . I'm broken.

Sending thoughts and prayers to all hid family, friends, colleagues, and fans that are as upset as I am. RIP.
    +1
    EBMM BFR Morse Dark Lord Tahitian Blue w/SD Pearly Gates pups S/N G79179 DOB 2/7/17
    SBMM AX30-D Natural Quilt
    SBMM SUB AX4 Trans Red Quilt DiMarzio AXIS pups SD pots GOTOH GE1996T Trem
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

I came home from golf to this tragic news. The world has lost another one.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Another legend gone. RIP EVH.
    Starry Night LIII HH
    DuBaldo Blue LIII HH
    Bali Burst LIII HH
    some other LIIIs
    25th Anniversary

User Info Menu

I didn't grow up on Van Halen, far from it, but his influence can not be understated. He was the Hendrix of his generation - he took guitar playing to a whole new level, blew the doors wide open, expanded the scope of what was possible.

I'll be blasting 'Running with the devil' on my way to work today...

User Info Menu

I was never a huge EVH fan but his influence on the world around me put me where I am today. Hell, I wouldn't have spent so much of my life on this forum if it wasn't for him!

Thank you for all the joy, and all the inspiration you have given the world, Eddie. Rest in peace.
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

When I read this last night I actually burst into tears. It was the shock of it not knowing he was even ill. I was a massive fan. He is the sole reason I play guitar and play EBMM. RIP Edward. Thank you for sharing your gift with us all.
    2010 Axis Super Sport BFR Bahama Blue Burst Rosewood fretboard

2016 Gibson Les Paul Standard with Slash SD Pups

You only have 12 notes, what you do with them is up to you - Edward Van Halen

User Info Menu

Terribly sad news, I will never forget VH supporting Black Sabbath at Hammersmith Odeon in 1978, and blowing Sabbath away! I had never seen anything like it, or a guitar played like that. A true innovator.

User Info Menu

So sad news.

For me too, he was the reason I started playing Music Man, when I finally could afford to.
    Sadly I am too young to been able to discover Van Halen in its heyday, but only around '90, when I was 14/15.
    I still remember Summer 1991 when F.U.C.K. came out (I had been playing electric guitar only for a year or so, and just got a Chevy LEs Paul copy, I was and still am a huge Slash fan as well), and in the CD booklet there was Eddie with his new EBMM signature guitar. Immediatley I was hooked, although I did not know by then.

But it's not only his flashy soloing style (often like a raging cat, that sometime falls off the roof (mid solo), but always lands on its feet), but the groove and often innovative rhythm playing and riffing, which is as equally as important to me. Not to mention his sound and tone, on which a whole business area built up since the 80s (namely higain amps).

May his legacy be inspiration to many more. Condolences go out to his beloved ones.
    2001 Axis Sport HH hardtail maple fretboard burnt apple
    2001 Axis SuperSport HH hardtail maple fretboard translucent gold
    1997 Axis Sport HSS hardtail maple fretboard translucent red (Pro Track in neck and Injector Neck in middle)
    2002 AL MM90 hardtail maple fretboard honeyburst converted to AL 2H (black Dimarzio Customs)