2020 StingRay Special colors

Thread: Majesty 2020: Spring noise when using whammy bar

User Info Menu

Majesty 2020: Spring noise when using whammy bar

Hi everyone

I have an EBMM Majesty 2020 which I have had since September. The springs make a noise when using the whammy bar that is pretty much described in this video: Electric guitar springs noise when using whammy bar - YouTube

I thought it had to do with new springs that need to wear off a little but after one month the problem is the same.

I have tried to solve this problem with rubber tubs as suggested here: Cure for noisy tremolo springs - YouTube

Unfortunately, this didn't solve the problem.

All ideas & suggestions are welcome!

Thank you beforehand.

--------------------------------EDIT-----------------------------------------------

The problem was (almost completely) solved by grinding the nut on the string that was causing the noise (G or B I don't remember). However, a new issue has unfortunately appeared: Majesty: Resonance/fret buzz (?) when playing same notes on different strings
    Last edited by JJBC; 10-20-2020 at 09:07 AM.

User Info Menu

I had luck with some soft foam, the kind you typically find in battery compartments. Don't remember where I got it but I cut strips that were slightly larger than the diameter of the spring and pulled them through with a coat hanger. The foam is a little compressed and keeps the springs dead quiet.

User Info Menu

Thanks for your suggestion! Does that affect the tunning stability?

User Info Menu

Many solutions for this. It's trial and error really. Foam, rubber tubing, even heat shrink tubing around the outside of the springs. I've tried all methods and have never had any issues with tuning or springs being impeded.

One thing I also do is apply a small dab of nut sauce lubricant where the spring ends go into the blocks. I had one guitar in particular where that connection point caused a strange pinging. I do this on all of my guitars now during setups.
    Current EBMM Guitars:
    2012 JPXI-7
    2014 JP6 BFR Koa
    2018 Valentine
    2018 JP15 BFR Eminence Purple

My Youtube Channel

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Etudica View Post
    Many solutions for this. It's trial and error really. Foam, rubber tubing, even heat shrink tubing around the outside of the springs. I've tried all methods and have never had any issues with tuning or springs being impeded.

One thing I also do is apply a small dab of nut sauce lubricant where the spring ends go into the blocks. I had one guitar in particular where that connection point caused a strange pinging. I do this on all of my guitars now during setups.
    Hi!

Thank you for replying, I took the guitar to the guitar shop and it is better now. Apparently, they just needed to grind the nut a bit. Unfortunately a new issue has appeared, certain notes on different strings seem to resonate in the bridge, I just uploaded a video: Fret buzz (?) resonance when playing same notes on different strings - YouTube
    Do you have any idea what that could be?