Mariposa White

Thread: BFR Luke III issue

User Info Menu

BFR Luke III issue

Hi.
    I have BFR Luke III Shadow Gold (s/n G89579). It was signed by Lukather and the issue is that the autograph has been completely erased in quite a short time.

Yes, it is not a big issue, the guitar is great, but I'm a bit unhappy and disappointed about that. This guitar supposed to be a 'limited signed version' but now it's not.

I don't think that you send me a new cover (but it would be great ) but maybe you take this information into account and will use better markers in the future.

Regards.

User Info Menu

You're referring to the signature on the trem cavity plate?

Given the friction against your body, that seems like a place a signature would eventually wear off. I removed mine to avoid that.

Maybe you can email MM directly and see if you can get a replacement?

User Info Menu

Yes, they are limited, and hand signed, with a metallic paint marker. Those are not super resilient, and there is no way to make them so if you want something that is literally hand signed.

Are you the original owner? If it is still under warranty I would contact the dealer you bought it from.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

You should have removed the signed plate yourself and either left the trem cavity open or bought a replacement for everyday use. This is far from what I’d consider to be an issue.
    2007 EBMM JP6 Mystic Dream w/piezo, matching headstock, dot inlays
    2002 EBMM Axis Sport Trans Gold, hum/hum, matching headstock, trem
    4 other non-MM gtrs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionman View Post
    You should have removed the signed plate yourself and either left the trem cavity open or bought a replacement for everyday use. This is far from what I’d consider to be an issue.
    I bought the guitar for playing and didn't think that I should replace something on the guitar which price is 3k$...

User Info Menu

Tbonesullivan, thank you for your support!
    Honestly speaking I don't believe that I will get a new cover because I'm from Russia and the cost of delivery will be higher than the price of the cover itself. =)
    Anyway, I will try to email to MM directly firstly.