Flat Ribbon Patch Cables
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gutted today.

User Info Menu

Gutted today.

Long time no post. I haven't been on in years, but I couldn't help but think if anywhere/anyone was going to get how I feel today, it'd be the gang here.

I bought a used EVH eons ago, and later sold it for school $$$. Sometime thereafter I ended up ordering a trans gold Axis in 2000 (maybe 99). I grew to love that guitar. It was gorgeous. The birdseye neck, and super deep top. I could stare at it all day. Just looking at it made me want to pick it up and play. The more worn in and dinged it got the better I liked it. After a while other guitars were just irrelevant to me, that was the one, unless I was after a specific tone (Strat or something). I was known in local guitar circles as the "Musicman Guy"

Twenty years, hundreds of gigs, thousands of hours of play time. I got sloppy and left it at a friends cabin last weekend. Popped in there yesterday to grab our stuff that we'd left. Place is trashed and the guitar is gone.

I've seen so many guitars stolen over the years, such a rarity to get them back, I'm not holding out much hope. I actually feel sick that someone else is playing this guitar, or just selling it somewhere for a pittance of what it's worth to me.

Have a drink for me this evening, and give your special guitar a little extra love today.

Gutted today.-untitled-jpg

Gutted today.-dsc01266-jpg

User Info Menu

I came home to that feeling once when I found my back door kicked in...you could see a foot print on the glass..wood broke, glass didn't. Mine was just a cheap and heavily modified s-type, but I felt actual nausea at the infraction. Sorry to hear.

Perhaps check the surrounding houses and businesses on the access roads for surveillance videos to provide to the police.
    2005 EBMM Axis Super Sport Rosewood Top/Rosewood Neck - Hardtail FOR SALE
    2006 EBMM Silhouette - Egyptian Smoke - HSH/Trem - Maple/RW neck FOR SALE
    2017 EBMM Silhouette - White - HSH/Trem - Maple/RW neck FOR SALE

20XX SbMM AX30D - Cherry Burst Quilt - HH
    2019 SbMM Albert Lee - Trans Walnut - HSH Mod - ever changing
    2017 SbMM LK100D LUKE - Black Metallic - Stock - Dimarzio Transition pups
    2019 SbMM Axis - Black - Dimarzio Air Norton/AT-1 pickups
    2015 SbMM Silo3 SUB - Black/Maple HSS

User Info Menu

Wow it sucks big time. I’m sorry for this loss. I hope it will pop out somewhere. Maybe EBMM should have a red flag if someone is checking the serial number on their database. We do that we our service partner when a stolen projector is in need for service.

I really hope you can have it back.
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009

User Info Menu

Oh man- I am so sorry to hear that. That's terrible.

User Info Menu

Very sorry to hear what has happened to you. I hope that things work out for you.
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:
    Fender Jaguar Modern - P90's

User Info Menu

I feel your pain... getting robbed is so violating... so sorry...
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

damn that really does suck, sorry to hear that.

Please share the serial number and anything other that might be unique about it, in case someone here spots it. It has happened before, I found a Silo that had been stolen from NorM years before I ended up spying it on EvilBay. NorM got the guitar back in the end. You never know.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Yes, please do share anything that might help identify it. I watch all over for Axis models and would love to help reunite it with you.

I hope that guitar comes home soon!
    --
    2000 Axis Red
    2002 Axis Blue Dawn / 2007 Axis SuperSport LE Blue Dawn
    2014 Axis SuperSport Semi-Hollow Piezo Black Cherry Burst
    2017 BFR Steve Morse HH Tahitian Blue #69 of 69
    2018 BFR Axis SuperSport Trans Light Purple #10 of 27
    2020 Luke III H-H Fuchsia Sparkle
    2020 Cutlass RS Ghostwood

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear of your loss. It's maybe not consoling hindsight, but here in the UK there is a substance called 'Smartwater', an invisible forensic liquid that links an item to a registered owner. My understanding is the item then essentially become unsaleable to reputable dealers by anyone other than the owner, thus possibly deterring thieves, if marked as protected. I think it costs £20 a bottle, I imagine there is something similar in N.America

User Info Menu

Ouch. That sucks in a serious way. Sorry to hear it.

User Info Menu

What a shame. Iím sorry to hear that. This kind of thing makes it so hard to live by the golden rule. Stay positive and keep and eye on the pawn shops/for sale ads. Maybe youíll find it pop up and can bring in the authorities.
    2008 LE Silhouette Special SSS
    20th Silhoutte w/Piezo

User Info Menu

I'm so sorry that this happened to you.
    Bongo fretless in firemist purple
    September 2020 BFR Bongo 5 string in satin honey burst
    2006 Axis Super Sport in honey burst
    2015 Axis Super Sport in honey burst

User Info Menu

Definitely keep an eye out locally, as well as on the internet. A lot of thieves are actually not that bright when it comes to fencing their stolen crap.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

I feel this, I bought an Ibanez Saber back in '89, when i was 20ish, my first higher end guitar, was about $1000 at the time. It was my main guitar for a decade, gigged all over the place with it, somehow managed to keep it in decent shape. Anyway, left it backstage at a gig once, similarly feeling chill about the whole thing... and yep it was stolen. It took me years of futzing around with (mostly) Fender Strats, a couple PRS's, Gibsons and an ibanez or six, until I landed upon my first Music Man Silo Special... and I've been a MM convert ever since. So I guess every cloud has a silver lining, but I still miss that sabre to this day! /sigh sorry my man.

Albert Lee HH
    Silhouette BFR July '20
    Cutlass SSS
    Reflex GC HSHP

User Info Menu

Thieves suck, sorry this happened and hope you get it back. I had this happen once and was fortunate enough to get it back.