EB Tone Squad

Thread: Does Keith Richards still use the Silhouette on tour?

User Info Menu

Does Keith Richards still use the Silhouette on tour?

Apologies I am not a Rolling Stones scholar. Does anyone know if Keef still use this on tour as his go to, I remember reading that when it first came out - he something like that Silhouette was a revolution ... or .something similar.

Does he use any other MM models? Sorry I don't even know what he used originally for tracks like Gimme Shelter.

User Info Menu

Last saw them in 2014. Nothing but Telecasters!

They were MUCH better than what I expected, btw.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Sparkle Pink
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise

User Info Menu

certain magic to a 5 string Tele in the right hands...
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

The first time I ever saw a MM guitar was when I went to the Steel Wheels tour back in 1989ish... pretty sure both Ron and Keith were using them at various times, I also recall wondering what those cool looking white guitars with a 4 over 2 headstock were! Loved how they sounded, kept my eyes out for them and the Silo Special ended up being my first MM some years later! I'm not sure I've seen either if them use MM guitars recently, or since then in a live setting, and I generally follow them and at least watch their live stuff on video whenever something new comes along. Ron Wood generally uses a fun mix of guitars live and seems to stay up to date on the latest stuff. I could be forgetting a show or two and that's not to say they don't use them in the studio etc.
    Last edited by Cenobyte; 11-18-2020 at 11:14 AM.

Albert Lee HH
    Silhouette BFR July '20
    Cutlass SSS
    Reflex GC HSHP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Jason View Post
    Last saw them in 2014. Nothing but Telecasters!

They were MUCH better than what I expected, btw.
    Had tickets to see them in April in Nashville, which obviously was postponed. Hoping the date gets rescheduled.
    ---------------
    Axis SS Semi-Hollow in Diablo Blue
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Cutlass RS in Charging Green
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobyte View Post
    The first time I ever saw a MM guitar was when I went to the Steel Wheels tour back in 1989ish... pretty sure both Ron and Keith were using them at various times, I also recall wondering what those cool looking white guitars with a 4 over 2 headstock were! Loved how they sounded, kept my eyes out for them and the Silo Special ended up being my first MM some years later! .
    Thanks for the replies. I was certainly influenced into buying a silo special because Stones used them on tour. I figured if it was good enough for Richards to play in front of 50,000 crowds it was good enough for me.