Prodigy

Thread: Who would like a Luke 24 frets ?

User Info Menu

Who would like a Luke 24 frets ?

Hi everyone,

Just to know, who would like to get a 24 fret version of the LIII ? Should be awesome.

I did a small photoshop to get an idea of how cool it would be

Who would like a Luke 24 frets ?-luke-24-croquis-final2-jpg

User Info Menu

I would, let's do this.

User Info Menu

Until Luke does... This thread is going nowhere.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Sparkle Pink
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

Maybe a Silo HH is what you want?
    ---------------
    Axis SS Semi-Hollow in Diablo Blue
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Cutlass RS in Charging Green
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

Just get a JP6 or a Silhouette.
    I don't think Luke ever played a 24 Fret Guitar, and the HSS's Neck Single Coil wouldn't be in the sweetspot anymore i think.
    While i really dig the Luke 3 compared to the Luke 2 with EMG's the lack of 24 Frets on it, where always an argument for me not to get it lol
    gotta give yourself some reason to slow down the GAS
    Music Man JP7 PDN 2012 Honey Roasted #F20403
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2013 Emerald Green Sparkle #G68213
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2014 Neptune Blue Roasted #G71474
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2016 Starry Night #G77086
    Music Man Bongo 5HH PDN 2015 Vintage Tobacco Burst #F44860

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Jason View Post
    Until Luke does... This thread is going nowhere.
    Exactly.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

24 on a LUKE? Ummm...no. I barely like 24 on my Silo. As soon as I can find a Silo Special with a solid RW neck, my 24 fret version is gone...but it must have the Virtual PAFs, which I assume all of them did. 22 and HH/HSH for me. But you should like what you like and search relentlessly for it! (Yes, I know the Special doesn't come HSH...I am a modding whore).
    2005 EBMM Axis Super Sport Rosewood Top/Rosewood Neck - Hardtail FOR SALE
    2006 EBMM Silhouette - Egyptian Smoke - HSH/Trem - Maple/RW neck FOR SALE
    2017 EBMM Silhouette - White - HSH/Trem - Maple/RW neck FOR SALE

20XX SbMM AX30D - Cherry Burst Quilt - HH
    2019 SbMM Albert Lee - Trans Walnut - HSH Mod - ever changing
    2017 SbMM LK100D LUKE - Black Metallic - Stock - Dimarzio Transition pups
    2019 SbMM Axis - Black - Dimarzio Air Norton/AT-1 pickups
    2015 SbMM Silo3 SUB - Black/Maple HSS

User Info Menu

Nah. Back in the day when I used to lust after those old Valley Arts Lukather models, they did a 24 fret version, and I disliked the way the longer fretboard pushed the neck pickup towards the middle pickup, which aside from the obvious visual anomaly, would undoubtedly affect the sound of it as well. Needless to say, it was rare to see a photo of Luke actually playing the 24 fret version that often.
    1993 LUKE I Pearl Blue DOB: 15/12/1993
    1998 LUKE II Luke Blue DOB: 05/10/1998 Signed by Lucious
    2012 LUKE II PDN Classic Honey Burst DOB: 31/08/2012
    2013 LIII HH Bodhi Blue DOB: 17/09/2013

User Info Menu

Hi, I have my beloved JP6 since 2001. But Luke's V shape neck in 24 frets should be really really nice. JP6 and Luke are 2 differents beasts to play.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Craiguitar View Post
    Nah. Back in the day when I used to lust after those old Valley Arts Lukather models, they did a 24 fret version, and I disliked the way the longer fretboard pushed the neck pickup towards the middle pickup, which aside from the obvious visual anomaly, would undoubtedly affect the sound of it as well. Needless to say, it was rare to see a photo of Luke actually playing the 24 fret version that often.
    i didn't know they even made a 24 Fret Version. Guess it's as rare as seeing him with his Ibanez Signature
    Music Man JP7 PDN 2012 Honey Roasted #F20403
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2013 Emerald Green Sparkle #G68213
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2014 Neptune Blue Roasted #G71474
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2016 Starry Night #G77086
    Music Man Bongo 5HH PDN 2015 Vintage Tobacco Burst #F44860

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Craiguitar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    i didn't know they even made a 24 Fret Version. Guess it's as rare as seeing him with his Ibanez Signature
    If I'm remembering correctly the Valley Arts 24-fret models were also 24 3/4" scale length and downsized (7/8 sized? maybe smaller?) bodies so everything was kind of shrunken on them compared to the 22-fret, 25 1/2" scale length/full sized body versions. That's not just the Lukather model, that was all Valley Arts models.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by djemass View Post
    Hi, I have my beloved JP6 since 2001. But Luke's V shape neck in 24 frets should be really really nice. JP6 and Luke are 2 differents beasts to play.
    Yeah, but if you put 24 Frets on a Luke, it's not a Luke anymore. I guess missing those 2 frets is really cramping your style?
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    They did do them (see the below link someone posted on Youtube), but l did much prefer the standard version. Anyway, it's all relative now. By the time I'd saved up enough to buy one, they had the big fire, and sold the company to Samick and it all went sour. A short time later the EBMM Luke 1 came out and I bought one of those, and it is probably a much better guitar anyway.

MY VALLEY ARTS CUSTOM PRO STEVE LUKATHER - YouTube
    1993 LUKE I Pearl Blue DOB: 15/12/1993
    1998 LUKE II Luke Blue DOB: 05/10/1998 Signed by Lucious
    2012 LUKE II PDN Classic Honey Burst DOB: 31/08/2012
    2013 LIII HH Bodhi Blue DOB: 17/09/2013