Flat Ribbon Patch Cables

Thread: How much neck gap is normal for a Music Man?

User Info Menu

How much neck gap is normal for a Music Man?

I have recently bought a MM Cutlass, I am quite happy with it, but I think the neck gap is a little big? I never pay attention to these things, but I had a Suhr and remember a smaller gap, is this normal for MM or should I worry about it? Anyone here with a cutlass or similar model that can check it out?

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How much neck gap is normal for a Music Man?-c027db1e-bc8c-4659-9bb5-593895a1bf54-jpg   How much neck gap is normal for a Music Man?-b816539a-7e70-4526-993e-a5b6c71cd52e-jpg  

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisfco View Post
    I have recently bought a MM Cutlass, I am quite happy with it, but I think the neck gap is a little big? I never pay attention to these things, but I had a Suhr and remember a smaller gap, is this normal for MM or should I worry about it? Anyone here with a cutlass or similar model that can check it out?

Thanks.
    I've never had a Cutlass but the gap between the neck and the body doesn't seem normal...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Araman View Post
    I've never had a Cutlass but the gap between the neck and the body doesn't seem normal...
    Ok, I took the neck out and placed it again, I think it looks pretty good now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How much neck gap is normal for a Music Man?-db08f9c3-6527-4f74-8219-51c8a4b640cb-jpg   How much neck gap is normal for a Music Man?-e4f7021f-0ec2-4664-a6ec-5581cb0a4327-jpg  

User Info Menu

Well made!

User Info Menu

Looks great now. Thumbs up.
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Nice job!!!! Looks a lot better.

You need some full pictures of that bad boy!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

You got it! A lot better than the first pics.
    2007 EBMM JP6 Mystic Dream w/piezo, matching headstock, dot inlays
    2002 EBMM Axis Sport Trans Gold, hum/hum, matching headstock, trem
    4 other non-MM gtrs

User Info Menu

Probably some mistake with the assembly, looks about right on the second picture though. I'll probably order myself one soon since I have a lot of free time before my college starts (don't need to write an essay since I ordered one from pro-essay-writer.com/blog/apa-style-format.
    Last edited by DanielCoulson; 12-09-2020 at 09:34 AM.

User Info Menu

Much better!

The artist formerly known as "radrock"
    Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)