EB Acoustic

Thread: Black Chrome

User Info Menu

Black Chrome

So on a gig last month, I had the volume knob on my Majesty fall off and I've lost it. I guess with it being a push/push knob it has the ability to wiggle itself loose. It was an outdoor gig and it didn't turn up.

Anyway, I called parts/service and it turns out they're not manufacturing black chrome hardware for the Majesty anymore. Strikes me as a little strange as I think 3 or 4 finishes came with this hardware and they've only been off production for a year or two.

Anyway, just posting here to see if there if I've got any recourse. I'm gutted that my $2200 guitar is now going to have an oddball knob on it.

User Info Menu

I might be wrong, but I bet MM were having these done by another company. You might ask who they used and see if that company would do one for you. I have local powder coat company I use when I need stuff done and it is not that expensive to get parts coated. Good luck.
    Last edited by Axis Sport; 11-29-2020 at 06:27 AM.

User Info Menu

Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Odd knobs would totally do my crust in
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 8pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...ember-31-2020/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @NashvilleSkies

User Info Menu

LOL, I know I'm probably being a little over the top picky about it but I don't have a huge collection of 2-5k guitars and the ones I do have are pristine.

I'm thinking about ordering a black one and going the powder coat route. Even if it costs me north of $50 At least my guitar would be back to normal. Right now I'm just staring at an aluminum shift sleeve.

User Info Menu

Nice man. Yeah....I'm going to snag one of these and get it powder coated.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wthinavl View Post
    Nice man. Yeah....I'm going to snag one of these and get it powder coated.
    NP glad to help, talk to Pete, he and Nick are super guys and wicked easy to work with. He might have someone that can do the powder coating for you as well.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"