Majesty New Colors 2021

Thread: Help identify this guitar

User Info Menu

Help identify this guitar

Hello everyone.....

just joined the forum... just purchased a fixer / upper....can anyone help me identify this guitar ? thanks .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help identify this guitar-131313027_3481548451942673_4448813131841680678_o-jpg  

User Info Menu

Hi there! Welcome to the forum!

It's hard to say from just that one photo. Do you have a photo of the back of the guitar, especially the headstock and neck heel?

Looking at the shape of the tuner buttons, I'd guess it was an OLP MM1 but they may not be the original tuners.
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

Remember, there's a "k" in knucklehead.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the quick reply......will load up pics of the back in a few minutes but the wierd thing is that the neck plate says Sterling by Music Man and the serial number comes up as a Stingray bass !! could be that the plate was swapped out ? how could the hole spossible line up ? maybe he drilled through to new ones.
    Last edited by Tonedog; 12-15-2020 at 05:09 PM.

User Info Menu

Okay, here are the pics. Let me know if anyone can indentify...thanks !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help identify this guitar-img_0010-jpg   Help identify this guitar-img_0011-jpg  

User Info Menu

Looks like a Sterling Axis with a standard tremolo body with a Sterling Axis Floyd rose version neck.
    EVH - Blue Quilt
    1995 - Luke I - Pearl Blue
    2009 - 25th Anniversary
    2011 - Luke II - True Gold BFR
    2012 - Axis Tribute - Trans Pink
    2016 - Cutlass - Vintage Sunburst
    2017 - St. Vincent - Stealth Black

Take a break from playin' guitar and read a webcomic: nemu*nemu!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kimonostereo View Post
    Looks like a Sterling Axis with a standard tremolo body with a Sterling Axis Floyd rose version neck.
    I concur. That's the SBMM neck joint. Axis style guitars with a Floyd rose bridge usually have just a volume control, no tone control. The neck and body probably left the factory on different guitars.
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone....that helps. So , can I guess that the neck radius is 12 " ....going to finish it with a floyd rose. Pretty sure those mounting points for the studs have the correct pitch. If anyone has any more advice or info I would appreciate it. Now the fun stuff.......How should we finish it ? any interesting thoughts on colours ? this did not cost me much so I have room in my budget. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Blue sparkle. Matching headstock. Gold hardware.
    Irish/American in Paris

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    Blue sparkle
    DrKev, I take it you've been waiting for Midnight Blue Sparkles return as well??

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"