Thread: EBMM Website, St. Vincent listing: "Color discontinued."

User Info Menu

EBMM Website, St. Vincent listing: "Color discontinued."

Title kind of says it all.

Both here:
    St. Vincent 2018 | Guitars | Ernie Ball Music Man

And here:
    St. Vincent HH | Guitars | Ernie Ball Music Man

Every color shows as discontinued. So...when are they announcing new colors?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Anacharsis View Post
    Title kind of says it all.

Both here:
    St. Vincent 2018 | Guitars | Ernie Ball Music Man

And here:
    St. Vincent HH | Guitars | Ernie Ball Music Man

Every color shows as discontinued. So...when are they announcing new colors?
    Usually new colors are announced at NAMM, 3rd week in January, but with Covid there is no NAMM, but they might be having Virtual NAMM, still waiting to hear. I'd look for colors around that time frame.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

A quick look shows that many other instruments are showing discontinued colors as well.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Usually new colors are announced at NAMM, 3rd week in January, but with Covid there is no NAMM, but they might be having Virtual NAMM, still waiting to hear. I'd look for colors around that time frame.

Glenn |B)
    Sounds reasonable to me. Thank you!

User Info Menu

Didn't Annie mention she was working on a revision of the model last year? Between that mention and the lack of any St V BFRs (and nothing in the Vault except a single one that sold the day it opened), maybe they're clearing the way for St Vincent 2.0.

Could even coincide with the new album, like the neon limited editions that accompanied Masseduction.

User Info Menu

I just had a look. All the cutlass and stingray colours say the same. Kinda surprised they are getting rid of all of the colours on those
    Albert Lee colour also dicontinued, 2 of the mariposa, all the valentines colours, the Hunter Hayes colour too.
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 7pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...april-22-2021/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @nashvilleskies

User Info Menu

I messed up and waited to long to buy the Majesty Nebula 6 String now the color is discontinued and no one has one... should’ve bought it in early December...
    2005-JP6 RED PEARL
    2012-JPXI BLACK ONYX
    2013-JPXII BALI BURST
    2014-MAJESTY ARCTIC DREAM
    2015-JP15 BLUEBERRY BURST (#57-300)
    2015-JPXII CHERRY SUGAR

User Info Menu

Well at least the Silo and Silo Specials are finally going to get some better colors than black or white.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Waiting on the announcement, definitely will not be a NAMM show like we are used too. Hoping for some cool colors, though the cutlass and stingray had cool colors.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TripHazard View Post
    I just had a look. All the cutlass and stingray colours say the same. Kinda surprised they are getting rid of all of the colours on those
    Albert Lee colour also dicontinued, 2 of the mariposa, all the valentines colours, the Hunter Hayes colour too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweat View Post
    Waiting on the announcement, definitely will not be a NAMM show like we are used too. Hoping for some cool colors, though the cutlass and stingray had cool colors.
    I suppose it could be that they're going to flip the fingerboards on some of the Cutlass and StingRay colors - they've done that a few times over the years. For example maroon mist might change to maple board while charging green goes to rosewood board if they're not going to be dropped completely - so when they say "color discontinued" they might be meaning the "build code" (i.e. maroon mist with rosewood fingerboard), not necessarily just "maroon mist".

I just picked maroon mist because it is/was my favorite of the 2020 colors for the Cutlass and StingRay.

User Info Menu

The virtual version of winter NAMM starts on Monday, and some other manufacturers have announced new products this week, so maybe we'll find out more about these color options soon.