Volt Power Supply

Thread: Majesty volume pot shorting out

User Info Menu

Question Majesty volume pot shorting out

Hello all,

I hope I am in the right place, if there is a better place for this post, feel free to relocate accordingly.

Recently I've notice a bit of issues with my Majesty. Great guitar, gets a lot of playing time, but I've noticed my volume pot has been making ground short noise come out the guitar when I touch the tip of the knob. Some times I notice this drains my tone for a bit and I'll have to lower the volume and fling it back up quickly to get it sounding like it should.

Any suggestions on what this might be? Bad pot? Ground issue? With the circuit board in the cavity I'm not as sure as to what I need to test to sort out problem as typically would be on standard guitar wiring job.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks,

User Info Menu

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I've never heard of that issue before. I think you should get in touch with Music Man customer service. This is the kind of issue they are the best people to diagnose. See contact details in my signature.
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Have you opened it up and see if a wire is loose or anything? It could be something easy. Customer Service with EBMM is top notch, so send them a message. I hope you get it fixed.
    A S T R O F R E Q . C O M

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)