Cliff Williams

Thread: What’s happening with Steve Morse (and a few questions)?

User Info Menu

What’s happening with Steve Morse (and a few questions)?

I recently noticed on the EBMM website that it lists both the original Morse and the Y2D as “discontinued” (technically the colors, but they only list one color for each). Are those guitars going away? A new Morse coming out?

Also, I have the original Morse model. I have the trapeze bridge (non-whammy bar version). The strings seem to run longer from the tune-o-matic bridge to where you insert the strings than most other guitars. Is there a reason for that?

Also, the two switches (one for bridge pickup and the other for the single coil) - why the hell isn’t the “off” position for both of those the same? Having off being reversed on the two always muddles my brain a bit.

User Info Menu

So NAMM 2021 Virtual is next week, so we'll know more next week I would assume.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Morseish View Post
    Also, the two switches (one for bridge pickup and the other for the single coil) - why the hell isn’t the “off” position for both of those the same? Having off being reversed on the two always muddles my brain a bit.
    For this, you have to ask Steve Morse ...
    It is an easy mod to change the orientation of the switch for the bridge humbucker.
    Quite a lot of guys on this forum have done it (not me, I am an orthodox Morse believer. The other guys are just a bunch of heretics).

User Info Menu

It's an interesting guitar for sure! The position of the switches is odd. I've always looked at it as a great platform to mod- lots of ways to use the switches and make it your own.

On the colours- it's not just the Morse. Many of the guitars on the MM site are listed as discontinued. We'll see what happens at Virtual NAMM.

With the bridge- I don't know if there's a reason for the position of the tailpiece, other than cosmetic. I don't think moving it forward or backward would really have an impact.

User Info Menu

Remember please that COVID is still wreaking havoc, especially in California. They may temporarily stop producing some models for the coming year. Wait and see.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

User Info Menu

Its not just the Morse. Flip thru most of the models and it says color discontinued on them. I suspect they are in the process of updating website

EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

I saw a post from Sterling by Music Man that this Thursday they'll be releasing info about the 2021 line. Maybe EBMM will be doing the same, you never know.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Namm should answer your questions - looking forward to seeing the update.
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:
    Fender Jaguar Modern - P90's

User Info Menu

I read a recent interview with Steve Morse lately where he mentioned a new prototype he has tested. Let’s see how NAMM turns out...