EB Acoustic

Thread: MM Customer Service slow

User Info Menu

Angry MM Customer Service slow

Brand new JP Majesty. 1st bridge pickup did not work. Had guitar replaced. Replacement now seems to have a faulty Battery compartment as Piezo pickup will not work. I submitted inquiry with customer service, have been asked for serial number and if I used a mono chord and regular amp. I replied, that was days ago. A $3500+ guitar should first be of better quality and second be backed by better customer service

User Info Menu

This is NAMM week. Even though it's not physically taking place this is still the industry's busiest week of the year. COVID restricts the number of staff available too. A delay getting back to you is totally normal. On Monday morning, pick up the phone and call them.

And welcome to the forum!
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

That and COVID and subsequent restrictions have hit them pretty hard. They're usually incredibly fast in my limited experience...but if there's a delay, they will get back to you.

EBMM has consistently been one of the best in terms of customer service that I've encountered.

J
    --
    2000 Axis Red
    2002 Axis Blue Dawn / 2007 Axis SuperSport LE Blue Dawn
    2014 Axis SuperSport Semi-Hollow Piezo Black Cherry Burst
    2017 BFR Steve Morse HH Tahitian Blue #69 of 69
    2018 BFR Axis SuperSport Trans Light Purple #10 of 27
    2020 Luke III H-H Fuchsia Sparkle
    2020 Cutlass RS Ghostwood

User Info Menu

Ahh, I remember your previous thread, which ended up locked.

Majesty Craftsmanship quality low pickup issues

It might help for you to give some kind of timeline regarding this. Like, was the replacement like this on arrival, or did it become this way later? Also, the Majesty is ENTIRELY active. I'm pretty sure that it won't work at all if the battery compartment is faulty. Even the switching is done electronically.

Have you contacted the original dealer you purchased it from?
    Last edited by tbonesullivan; 01-22-2021 at 01:48 PM.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

User Info Menu

Could you describe the problem with a bit more detail? You are saying everything but the piezo works and this a battery compartment problem?? I’m pretty sure when the batteries is dead/disconnected there is no signal at all. Anyway, with some more details maybe someone here can help?