JP 20th Anniversary
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What pickups came in the 2003 Axis?

User Info Menu

I would stay away from the Duncan ‘78 as well if you are looking for a replacement for the Axis/EVH pickup. It’s a vastly different animal. I have one in my Silhouette and I’m not in love with it like I am the Axis HB’s.
    Trans Gold Axis- Flame (DOB 12.13.1996)
    Trans Green Axis Sport (DOB 12.02.1997)
    Trans Green Axis- Quilt (DOB 03.14.2000)
    Black HH Albert Lee (DOB 12.01.2009)
    Honey Roasted Axis - Quilt (DOB 09.20.2012)
    White HSS Silo Spec (DOB 02.03.2014)

User Info Menu

I just replaced my stock pick ups in my 2000 Black Sparkle Axis Super Sport Hardtail with the Dimarzio Liquifire and the Crunch Lab, WOW... I wish I had done this years ago, it sounds amazing both the cleans and the distortion !

I have no use for the original stock pick ups, first one to chime in gets them shipped to them for free...U.S. only, i would have to work out how much shipping would cost for overseas.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by click track View Post
    I just replaced my stock pick ups in my 2000 Black Sparkle Axis Super Sport Hardtail with the Dimarzio Liquifire and the Crunch Lab, WOW... I wish I had done this years ago, it sounds amazing both the cleans and the distortion !

I have no use for the original stock pick ups, first one to chime in gets them shipped to them for free...U.S. only, i would have to work out how much shipping would cost for overseas.
    I have a cool project these would work for! Sent you PM.

-J

User Info Menu

Dibs in case Jeff decides to pass!

User Info Menu

I think i replied to both your private messages....i am useless with out, Outlook..., Dibart came in first, just PM me the address you want me to UPS these pick ups to and I will get them sent out tommorrow, no charge, we are a brotherhood here....

User Info Menu

I think i replied to both your private messages....i am useless with out, Outlook..., Dibart came in first, just PM me the address you want me to UPS these pick ups to and I will get them sent out tommorrow, no charge, we are a brotherhood here....

Very kind gesture for you to offer them up in the first place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Wow! Thatís the deal of the year.
    A S T R O F R E Q . C O M

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GoKart Mozart View Post
    Funny enough hbubucker, your distaste for the Tone Zone was one of the posts that came to mind when I was writing my reply! I remember you stating that waaaay back in like 2003!

Man, we have been on this page a loooong time. I was a member under a different username back in those days and switched around 2010.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What can I say? At least my message is consistent...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hbucker View Post
    What can I say? At least my message is consistent...

BTW, still got the one pictured in your avatar? Always thought that was a cool looking top.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GoKart Mozart View Post

BTW, still got the one pictured in your avatar? Always thought that was a cool looking top.
    Yep. Same one. - Thx!

Great guitar!

User Info Menu

Sorry GoKart Mozart -- I didn't see you responded... I would have stepped aside. FWIW they will go in a cool project!

User Info Menu

This thread is a shining example of why I love it here .
    25th Anniversary Flame w/Trem SN G47750 DOB 10/13/09
    SBMM SUB AX4 Gotoh Trem Axis Pups Red Quilt
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dibart77 View Post
    Sorry GoKart Mozart -- I didn't see you responded... I would have stepped aside. FWIW they will go in a cool project!
    All good Jeff!

User Info Menu

If you do the "half-air" mod to a Tone Zone bridge pup, it will sound like an Axis bridge. Did it to my So Cal back in 2009 and it sounded just like my Axis.
    Last edited by sandmannn69; 01-31-2021 at 10:47 PM.
    Fractal Audio AxeFX 3 Turbo

User Info Menu

Hello,

I am the seller who posted on eBay. After RickLee pointed out the discrepancies, I took the eBay posting down. Today, I removed and inspected the pickups. What I found was the pickups are Air Norton and Tone Zone. I dont know how to play and want to sell this to some one who can appreciate and enjoy it. What's the range that you think this guitar is worth?