Dustin Kensrue

Thread: I got my Mystic Dream JP13 from the vault and it's incredible!

User Info Menu

I got my Mystic Dream JP13 from the vault and it's incredible!

Absolutely stunning guitar. It practically plays itself and the finish is so gorgeous. I have wanted a JP since the early 2000s and always loved the Mystic Dream finish, so when I saw that there was a limited run of the JP13 available in this finish, I had to finally pull the trigger and I'm so glad I did!

I do have a question though: I was expecting the end of the trem arm to be threaded so that it would sort of screw into place so that you could either keep it in position, or loosen it a bit if you want it to dangle down a bit. As it stands now, as soon as I let go of it, it swings back downwards. Am I just doing something wrong, or is that the intended design?

Either way, it's an incredible instrument and I feel privileged to officially be a part of the EBMM community now! Shred on \m/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I got my Mystic Dream JP13 from the vault and it's incredible!-img_8800-jpg   I got my Mystic Dream JP13 from the vault and it's incredible!-img_8799-jpg   I got my Mystic Dream JP13 from the vault and it's incredible!-img_8798-jpg  

User Info Menu

Congratulations!!

You can adjust the tightness of the vibrato bar to your liking. Dive with the bar all the way down and you'll see that there is a very small screw on the trem block that's now exposed. You'll need an Allen key of the same size and you're good to go.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360
    MAJESTY Gremlin Green M0????

User Info Menu

Ahh perfect! Johnny I swear you eat sleep and breathe this forum man! Love it.

User Info Menu

Hahahaha, as we all do in here!!

Glad to be of some help and enjoy your brand-new and immensely beautiful Mystic Dream guitar!!

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360

User Info Menu

Yeah, it is a little 1.5 or 2 mm hex. Also, you’ll tighten it and over time the trem bar will become loose again. This is normal. Just retighten to your liking again. And yes, it will become loose again...

User Info Menu

Congrats. Gorgeous. Hope to receive my standard JP6 in MD next week. After 51 weeks waiting and countless delays. Hoping this ETA sticks so I can follow up with a post like this soon.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mace13 View Post
    Yeah, it is a little 1.5 or 2 mm hex. Also, you’ll tighten it and over time the trem bar will become loose again. This is normal. Just retighten to your liking again. And yes, it will become loose again...
    I certainly don't doubt this is happening to your guitar but strangely (?) it doesn't happen on any of mine. Ever.

I can't imagine a reason for it, it's just how it is. Maybe I'm just extremely lucky..?

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360

User Info Menu

Awesome!!! That is a great looking guitar. I've often wanted a JP model, but they only seem to make them with the piezo now, which I have zero use for.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

User Info Menu

Grats- nice looking guitar!
    MwH

EBMM Majesty

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    Awesome!!! That is a great looking guitar. I've often wanted a JP model, but they only seem to make them with the piezo now, which I have zero use for.
    Used non-piezo models can be had for a steal, but I wouldn't do without. Not just for the passable acoustic tones live, but the options for crystallike, gorgeous clean-tones, when blended with the magnetics, are well worth it!

And DAMN, that's a nice JP13! Great find.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    And I thought I was the only one.

I actually prefer the non-piezo JPs for three reasons:

1) I have no real need for it. I don't record so live a clean amp sound with a bit of chorus is fine for the occasional clean sound needed, especially with the three-way switch in the middle.

2) Its a simpler machine which I actually prefer.

3) I obviously swing my arm around more than Mr Petrucci, so after accidentally hitting the selector switch and turning the mags off completely live a couple of times, I decided that a non-piezo was much safer for me live.

I have 4 JP6s now, all non-piezo.
    COME ON YOU IRONS....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyboogie View Post
    I certainly don't doubt this is happening to your guitar but strangely (?) it doesn't happen on any of mine. Ever.

I can't imagine a reason for it, it's just how it is. Maybe I'm just extremely lucky..?
    My two EBMM’s both require the trem screw periodically to be tightened (my non EBMM’s do not have trems). In fact, both trems JPXI (owned new since 2012) and 2018 Majesty are currently in windmill mode at this time and need tightened. Maybe I have bad luck or maybe I’m too timid with tightening? How tight do you make that screw? Time to get out the torque wrench and do some measurements!