Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: Massive EBMM content on dimarzio.com

  1. #16

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by GoKart Mozart View Post
    SS is probably the less expensive option these days, given the hype surrounding Ed's passing. I'm a SS fan myself; down to only 1 guitar with a Floyd these days.

    -Jacob
    Yeah, that's my biggest question: do I want a Floyd on the guitar. Yes, it's decked, but there's still the fun time when changing strings.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

  2. #17

    User Info Menu

    I am so glad i have an ASS after reading this, also i have the Wolfgang EVH so my thirst is quenched.
    2010 Axis Super Sport BFR Bahama Blue Burst Rosewood fretboard


    You only have 12 notes, what you do with them is up to you - Edward Van Halen

  3. #18

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie M View Post
    I am so glad i have an ASS after reading this, also i have the Wolfgang EVH so my thirst is quenched.
    I don't think I'm going to be satisfied until I get an Axis. I wonder if I can track down an Axis Sport in a nice color. Most of those that I see though have MM90s or SSH pickups.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

  4. #19

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    I don't think I'm going to be satisfied until I get an Axis. I wonder if I can track down an Axis Sport in a nice color. Most of those that I see though have MM90s or SSH pickups.
    ASS is a good compromise unless you have the Floyd itch, same as you i have seen the Sport with MM90s and SSH mainly.
    2010 Axis Super Sport BFR Bahama Blue Burst Rosewood fretboard


    You only have 12 notes, what you do with them is up to you - Edward Van Halen

  5. #20

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie M View Post
    ASS is a good compromise unless you have the Floyd itch, same as you i have seen the Sport with MM90s and SSH mainly.
    Subscribe to the “Ebay/Craigslist treasures” thread so you’ll get email notifications. Rest assured, if there is a deal to be had on one, Glenn/GWDavis will find it and post it!

    -Jacob

  6. #21

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by GoKart Mozart View Post
    Subscribe to the “Ebay/Craigslist treasures” thread so you’ll get email notifications. Rest assured, if there is a deal to be had on one, Glenn/GWDavis will find it and post it!

    -Jacob
    Hahahahahaha, thanx for the accolades, I post there to keep from buying. If I can help someone score a good deal, then it's all worth it.

    Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]


    Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

  7. #22

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Hahahahahaha, thanx for the accolades, I post there to keep from buying. If I can help someone score a good deal, then it's all worth it.

    Glenn |B)
    Well, I'll definitely keep an eye out. There are a few Axis SS guitars on Reverb, but most are without trems, and the prices seem to be kinda nuts on some of them, even for ones with a Metallic finish. Right now used prices on Axis guitars seem to have gone nuts due to the pandemic, and of course the EVH connection.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

  8. #23

    User Info Menu

    I ordered some EVH bits in November, not due until April. It has gone crazy on his stuff.
    2010 Axis Super Sport BFR Bahama Blue Burst Rosewood fretboard


    You only have 12 notes, what you do with them is up to you - Edward Van Halen

  9. #24

    User Info Menu

    Wow, I'm feeling lucky now. Guitar Center had an Axis BFR in Steel Blue (Oct. '18 release) on clearance. I picked it up on Sunday, it's supposed to arrive tomorrow. Got a crazy good deal on it, too - it was a floor model that someone had returned, apparently.

    This will be my first EBMM guitar - only other MM that I have is a SBMM Axis in White. Love the way it feels, and the pickups sound great (to me at least), considering it was $350.

  10. #25

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jayjayjay View Post
    Wow, I'm feeling lucky now. Guitar Center had an Axis BFR in Steel Blue (Oct. '18 release) on clearance. I picked it up on Sunday, it's supposed to arrive tomorrow. Got a crazy good deal on it, too - it was a floor model that someone had returned, apparently.

    This will be my first EBMM guitar - only other MM that I have is a SBMM Axis in White. Love the way it feels, and the pickups sound great (to me at least), considering it was $350.
    Nice congrats, that's a great BFR run. Can't wait to see it, but it doesn't exist without pictures and a NGD post.

    Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]


    Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

  11. #26

    User Info Menu

    This was a fun read! I went down a bit of a VH rabbit hole after he died, but this was an angle I didn’t get elsewhere.
    ---------------
    Axis SS Semi-Hollow in Diablo Blue
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Cutlass RS in Charging Green
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

  12. #27

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Nice congrats, that's a great BFR run. Can't wait to see it, but it doesn't exist without pictures and a NGD post.

    Glenn |B)
    Just made my NGD post. But here's a teaser:


  13. #28

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jayjayjay View Post
    Just made my NGD post. But here's a teaser:

    THAT IS A GREAT TOP!!!!!! Or as they say "THAT TOP SUCKS!!!!".

    Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]


    Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

  14. #29

    User Info Menu

    Thanks!
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple; Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

  15. #30

    User Info Menu

    I saw the clearance sale on that. That was an amazing deal. Congrats!
    That's a beautiful guitar.
    Bongo fretless in firemist purple
    September 2020 BFR Bongo 5 string in satin honey burst
    2006 Axis Super Sport in honey burst
    2015 Axis Super Sport in honey burst
    Y2D PDN
    JP16

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums