JP 20th Anniversary
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I think that I must be Ernie Balls worst customer?

User Info Menu

Think of yourselves more as "brand ambassadors" ... then you're doing great work

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GoKart Mozart View Post
    Weíre currently under a a freezing rain/ice storm warning down here in northern Alabama for the next couple of days
    Texas is jacked up too. Stay safe, and cuddle up with those guitars!
    EBMM 1998 Axis Sport MM90
    EBMM 1997 Axis Sport SSH

"The road to hell is paved with adverbs." Stephen King

User Info Menu

For sure. Everyone stay safe during these ice storms. Just stay home and play guitar!
    A S T R O F R E Q . C O M

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

Then thereís BPís quote that @agt uses in his signature block:

"The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Astrofreq View Post
    For sure. Everyone stay safe during these ice storms. Just stay home and play guitar!
    +1
    EBMM 1998 Axis Sport MM90
    EBMM 1997 Axis Sport SSH

"The road to hell is paved with adverbs." Stephen King

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GoKart Mozart View Post
    Not to worry, spud. I'd argue that the worst customer would be someone that has a custom one-off model made...then trades it in. Surely nobody would do that.

I keeed, I keeed! We all love Joe B.

-Jacob
    My dislike for him knows no limit!
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Sparkle Pink
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spudmurphy View Post
    So at around the age of 50 I bought my first Ernie Ball guitar in 2005/6 an Albert Lee SSS/Trem/piezo.
    A year later I bought (what must be a rare guitar now?) a 2006 Limited Edition Albert , MMM, Trem.

I also owned a second hand Albert, so for a while I had 3, a JP6 (Thanks Fred!), and EVH hardtail, and these were sold off much later in life, so I'm back to my two original Alberts.

.... and that's it!

I love what I have, don't feel the need to try and better what I have.

Sorry Mr Ball , I should buy more but you have sated my appetite.

(I would add that from 1974 - 2006 I only had a Les Paul and custom built Tele)

Spud my old pal, I share your pain! - it's been 5 years since I last bought a ball. it's not that the new stuff doesn't look nice, -and not that I'm not tempted, but the ones I have are AMAZING. and I don't want to mess with that

Breaking out the cheque book every 5 minutes is ok - but I reckon you've got what you need dialled in, - calling out how good EBMM is to anyone who asks makes you a good customer, and you did more time than anyone else in the UK ! - including working on S&T booths. -when this horrible pandemic is over and we get a UK bash there will be the spud murphy lifetime achievement award!!!!

SMELLY'S BALLS

G50887 - This Albert Lee HH was completed on August 13th, 2010. 1 off- Lake Placid Blue
    N00363 - This Armada was completed on September 27th, 2013. Mint Green
    G47271 - This 25th Anniversary HH was completed on April 27th, 2009. Venetian Redburst
    G79080 - Silhouette Special HSS Tremolo joined the world in white May 19th, 2017

User Info Menu

I think the last EBMM I bought was built in 2013.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple (Sold); Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by roburado View Post
    I think the last EBMM I bought was built in 2013.
    OMG Rob, WTH, Hahahahahahahaha, you bought that's all that matters.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Jason View Post
    My dislike for him knows no limit!
    And my like for him knows no limit. I have seen him play EBMM in concert. There is a back story about this guitar just could not find the link.

User Info Menu

If you own one EBMM you are a great customer.

User Info Menu

Iíve just made my first EBMM purchase since 2004! Finances have prevented me adding to my collection although I have bought 3 Sterlingís in between.

Btw I have just bought a rather special AL, Iíll post pics on a separate thread.

User Info Menu

GoKartmozart said ...
    Hey Spud! Nothing wrong with liking what you like!

Hope youíre doing well. Iíve still got the Music Man beanie that I won 10+ years ago in one of your forum virtual Christmas parties! Weíre currently under a a freezing rain/ice storm warning down here in northern Alabama for the next couple of days, so Iím fully expecting loss of power at some point. Will definitely be getting some use out of the MM beanie!

Spuds Reply....
    Ha ha they were fun. It was thanks to Strings n Things UK, who I used to blag merch from at various shows I helped them with ... even I don't have a beanie hat - I gave them away.
    I'm doing fine thanks and looking forward to the band starting up again after c19 (I'm playing in a reggae band now).
    Retirement is fantastic and per my Avtar I'm enjoying life. Rock on!
    Last edited by Spudmurphy; 02-25-2021 at 07:11 AM.
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:
    Fender Jaguar Modern - P90's

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    1) Number of guitars has nothing to do with being a good customer, or good anything actually.

2) Spud, I can't speak for anyone else but I'm pretty sure there will be a thundering round of agreement when I say this...

You have been a big part of this forum community for 15 years. You've shared your time and knowledge and enthusiasm, and more with so many people, and we love you for it. You're one of the best.

And he restored a freakin' DeLorean! That's just SO cool!
    Jeez man- it was karma - the forum page opened up automatically on my 'puter and I was catching up on things (I usually check in every couple of weeks now).
    Thank you for those very kind words .... I really enjoyed all that interaction with people on here over those years and I still do albeit now to a lesser degree because I'm not on here as frequently as before. But one thing remains is that I love those Albert Lee Guitars of mine and that won't change. It was sad when I bought a cheap jag modern to use live purely because I wanted to keep the Als in shape (and secure - gone are the "2 roadie days" lol)

I'm waiting for the roads to clear up from the salt and for lockdown to ease up then it's out n about with the DeLorean and out playing infront of an audience - all I need is the vaccine jab - which should be soon .

You brought a tear to my eye - thank you.
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    ^^^^ what DrKev just said!!!

Plus, I've helped make up for your 'shortage' of AL's, Spud... to kind of balance things out...
    Jeez so I noticed - it's good that the ALOC is still in good shape.
    Awwwws remember our ALOC C.I.C. Mg Greene.
    We used to have a laugh whenever a new Albert Lee owner came on board, we used to welcome them into the ALOC, saying that a decoder ring was on it's way together with the secret handshake instructions . He was taken too soon and I know that quite a few of us on here changed our Avtars (is that what they're called lol) to have a green tinge, in memory?
    I photoshopped a Decoder ring with ALOC on there and Mike begged me to let him use it - hey this Sergeant at Arms (as he used to call me lol) couldn't refuse the CIC and he proudly used it up to his dying day.
    He had a gremlin Green Albert that I believe was passed to a relative?
    I can't believe how many views the Albert Lee Picture thread I started has had . Wow !

R.I.P. MgGreene C.I.C. ALOC