VPJr Tuner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I think that I must be Ernie Balls worst customer?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gforce013 View Post
    I still have the picks I won from one of the Xmas eve parties , probably around 2011-2012 . it was Luke’s and Albert Lee’s picks. Those days were fun . I haven’t been on this forum much in the last few years but stop by once and I while .
    I used to talk to spud all the time on Facebook , then I got rid of Facebook and moved and life happened. Always so helpful with everything, just a great guy . I do miss those Xmas eve parties though.
    The car looks great!!!!
    It always amazes how many of the same people I see on the forum when I do go on.
    Great community here.
    Thanks for those kind words. It was due to me being able to get merch at the time ...I was able to stash it, and give it away at my favourite time of year.
    It took a bit of organising and facilitating..... nowadays it could be done on Zoom ... now there's an idea ? Get Ernie Ball to have a Xmas Zoom party.
    The car ? Well it wasn't so co operative today and 40 year old cars will sometimes push back at you.
    re installing the dash meant lining up rubber "boots" around the heating/ventilation outlets and the only way to do it effectively is to "sneak" the rubber boots and attachment into the deep freeze overnight to get the rubber to retain its shape. It's one of the things I wanted to do in retirement -- got to have those dreams eh? message me on FB - we'll have a chat?
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:
    Fender Jaguar Modern - P90's

User Info Menu

I just wish we could do a group buy for some custom models and let us spec them out to see who's interested and which shop would take that order? Is there a minimum?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slick64 View Post
    I just wish we could do a group buy for some custom models and let us spec them out to see who's interested and which shop would take that order? Is there a minimum?
    The closet that's ever come was the Dargie Delight (original) run. The cost of tooling and such I would think wouldn't make it worth it. You can dream, but I'm pretty sure it'll only be a dream.

People come and go around here and this comes up a real lot trust me.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    The closet that's ever come was the Dargie Delight (original) run. The cost of tooling and such I would think wouldn't make it worth it. You can dream, but I'm pretty sure it'll only be a dream.

People come and go around here and this comes up a real lot trust me.

Glenn |B)
    I was just thinking of an Axis run, where we get enough confirmed buyers, and the shop is already sold for that run.

No risk to the shop. I said I'd be in for a Lava Burst Axis and ASS with a roasted neck in a heartbeat!!

I wish I knew that Wilcutt had those when they came out.

User Info Menu

I was just thinking of an Axis run, where we get enough confirmed buyers, and the shop is already sold for that run.

No risk to the shop. I said I'd be in for a Lava Burst Axis and ASS with a roasted neck in a heartbeat!!

So others have tried that and people have the best of intentions and when it comes time to lay the $$ down, the majority can't do it.

Your best bet is going to be The Vault. Shop Ernie Ball Music Man - The Vault

Always nice to dream. Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

I have yet to see any desirable Axis there yet. I keep checking and hoping one day.

User Info Menu

I have yet to see any desirable Axis there yet. I keep checking and hoping one day.
    Everything in time, I'm sure with the whole Covid and such that the Vault offerings are like the color choices, they'll dribble in here and there, at least I would hope.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

A few years back BP offered to do exactly this and it’s nearly impossible to get enough folks to commit to a single set of specs, much less so to put $$$ down.
    2007 20th Anniversary Silo (Pics) (20thSOC)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mantrarock View Post
    A few years back BP offered to do exactly this and it’s nearly impossible to get enough folks to commit to a single set of specs, much less so to put $$$ down.
    How many guitars would it take? 10? Less, more?

User Info Menu

How many guitars would it take? 10? Less, more?
    Hahahahahahaha.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

I'd suggest you ask Pete DuBaldo about a custom guitar order. He knows things and could give you the facts...
    Balls are Best!!