EB Tone Squad

Thread: Axis hardware question

User Info Menu

Axis hardware question

I have a BFR Axis and I want to swap out the hardware with gold hardware. I just think the gold would look gorgeous on the purple finish. I don't want to do any routing or drilling, obviously. Anyone know what the direct replacements would be?

User Info Menu

You'll have to look for after market, EBMM will only sell you what the guitar came configured with. The hardest part will be the bridge I would think. If you could find someone to swap with you that would work. Or get an instrument with gold swap out the hardware and then resell it, that might work as well.

This has gold hardware. Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette with upgrades | Gear Garage | Reverb

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Now that’s full service from Glenn! Suggestions, and a link to a suitable donor guitar.
    ---------------
    Axis SS Semi-Hollow in Diablo Blue
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Cutlass RS in Charging Green
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo