Majesty New Colors 2021

Thread: Battery in Cutlass guitar

User Info Menu

Battery in Cutlass guitar

Hello Everybody ! I bought a used 2017 cutlass guitar and it did not come with any information.I notice that it uses a battery.So I went on the website and it say's the guitar will function with or with out the battery but the silencing circuit will not function.So guess what, I was playing live at my church and the sound died.The sound person eventually had the volume slied all the way up,no sound .I put in a new battery and it works.Help me out please.Thank You.

User Info Menu

No, the Silhouette Special and Albert Lee guitars will still work with no battery, but the Cutlass has entirely different electronics, including an active buffer circuit that requires the battery.

The good news is that battery will last for well over a hundred hours plugged in, and there is no output drop all the way down below 4 volts. I notice a little distortion on my clean tones or some radio interference with the distortion all he way up but that's all. I have never run a battery so low that the signal has died.

As is the case with any guitar with an on board battery, unplugging when not in use prolongs battery life. (Personally, I frequently forget and change battery just once or twice a year).
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Thank You DrKev.This helped me alot.

User Info Menu

Congrats on your purchase. Let’s have a look - spread the cutlass love
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 7pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...april-22-2021/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @nashvilleskies

User Info Menu

I am with DrKev. The accountant in me has me keeping of spreadsheet to track maintenance items like battery changes and I change them once or twice a year (depending on use) and don't take a chance.

EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook