Thread: Guitar boxes for shipping?

User Info Menu

Guitar boxes for shipping?

What are you using for guitar shipping boxes when you sell? I used to keep all my guitar boxes in case I wanted to sell, but it just became unmanageable.

Some of the guitars that I am hoping to list for sale include some with G&G cases. Some are the regular SKB-type.

Not sure I want to go the route of begging the GC down the street for boxes.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple; Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

I've been ordering them (bulk) from ULine for all of the acoustics I've been selling lately. If you are thinking of selling 4-5 guitars (or more) this might be the way to go. Double check your measurements!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

I know FedEx has some. I just go to the local guitar store and they usually have some extras.
    https://danielcarlton.bandcamp.com/

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    I've been ordering them (bulk) from ULine for all of the acoustics I've been selling lately. If you are thinking of selling 4-5 guitars (or more) this might be the way to go. Double check your measurements!
    Thanks, Pete. I looked at ULine. I thought that would be the perfect solution. I was going to grab five of them. Their boxes seem a bit big, though. I suppose I can squeeze some padding in there.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple; Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

Not sure if this would apply, but I have gotten a few over the years from our local Guitar Center

EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by roburado View Post
    Thanks, Pete. I looked at ULine. I thought that would be the perfect solution. I was going to grab five of them. Their boxes seem a bit big, though. I suppose I can squeeze some padding in there.
    You could potentially cut the boxes down and re-fold to match the EBMM cases, but that requires a ton of packing tape.

Also, for insurance claims UPS oftentimes requires 2" of packing from the box to the object being shipped.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Be careful with those over sized boxes, even if you cut them down, many times really increases shipping cost.

And asking GC can be hit and miss. Many times I would ask for a box to fi a EBMM and get some really large acoustic box.

User Info Menu

Sheeeeeeet... I buy so many guitars, I got all the boxes I need!
    '97 Axis Sport Transparent Purple
    '05 JP6 Medallion Gold
    '09 Axis Amber Quilt
    '11 JP6 Pearl White
    '11 Axis Purple Quilt
    '12 SM-Y2D Purple Sunset
    '18 Majesty Monarchy Majestic Purple

MY MUSIC is on Facebook and Reverbnation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    You could potentially cut the boxes down and re-fold to match the EBMM cases, but that requires a ton of packing tape.

Also, for insurance claims UPS oftentimes requires 2" of packing from the box to the object being shipped.
    Hmm...2" of packing? Thanks for the tip, Pete.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sweat View Post
    Be careful with those over sized boxes, even if you cut them down, many times really increases shipping cost.
    Oh well... I guess I'll just have to see...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Razzle View Post
    Sheeeeeeet... I buy so many guitars, I got all the boxes I need!

I wish I never got rid of the boxes I was holding on to for so long.

User Info Menu

I would definitely recommend getting a "carton resizer" if you can. They are not expensive, and add a perforated line on the inside of the box, which makes them much easier to fold over. Especially with large boxes, 4 inches of length can be $20-30 less in terms of shipping costs.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB