Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rare Axis Versions

User Info Menu

I'd trade my pink axis for that lava ASS in a heartbeat.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slick64 View Post
    Guitar I'm looking for is this one.......My fuschia roasted neck is amazing, but this one does it for me.

Attachment 37707

Attachment 37708
    Solarburst???

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Solarburst???

Glenn |B)
    It's listed as Lava Burst on the site.

User Info Menu

Nice.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Right. That's an exclusive run for Willcutt. Those guys do some solid exclusive runs.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dibart77 View Post
    Right. That's an exclusive run for Willcutt. Those guys do some solid exclusive runs.

They definitely do. Back when Hamer was still around, they were one of the few places that were able to convince Jol Dantzig at Hamer to do special runs. They did a bunch of three mini-hb Explorer type guitars that were incredible.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

User Info Menu

Interesting...only one hardtail in the lot. Do you not like hardtails? Stunning collection.
    2005 EBMM Axis Super Sport Rosewood Top/Rosewood Neck - Hardtail
    2017 EBMM Silhouette - White - HSH/Trem - Maple/RW neck FOR SALE
    2019 SbMM Albert Lee - Trans Walnut - HSH Mod - ever changing
    2x 2017 SbMM LK100D LUKE - Black Metallic - Stock - Dimarzio Transition pups
    2019 SbMM Axis - Black - Dimarzio Virtual PAF/FS1/Virtual PAF
    2015 SbMM Silo3 SUB - Black/Maple HSS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kingdoublecut View Post
    Interesting...only one hardtail in the lot. Do you not like hardtails? Stunning collection.
    I think there are two hardtails, dibart77 just got the December 202 BFR which is a hardtail.

He is a huge trem fan obviously, his collection is fantastic!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sweat View Post

I think there are two hardtails, dibart77 just got the December 202 BFR which is a hardtail.

He is a huge trem fan obviously, his collection is fantastic!
    Actually, there is only one hardtail, the Dec 2020 ASS Semi-Hollow Buttery Blond. That's the only hardtail electric guitar I own, besides the Silhouette Bass Guitar, two Bongo basses, one other non-EBMM bass, and some acoustics.

User Info Menu

My bad for some reason I thought this one, Vintage Burst MM90 Piezo, was a hardtail as well, still all killer!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dibart77 View Post
    Actually, there is only one hardtail, the Dec 2020 ASS Semi-Hollow Buttery Blond. That's the only hardtail electric guitar I own, besides the Silhouette Bass Guitar, two Bongo basses, one other non-EBMM bass, and some acoustics.

What's the 2020 hard tail sound like? Beautiful guitar (aren't they all?) - I was tempted, but as I was looking for what would be my no. 1 guitar, I just couldn't go with one pickup and no trem. But I've wondered what the tone and voicing was on that Buttery Blond.
    2018 EBMM Axis BFR in Steel Blue
    2020 SbMM Axis in White
    2021 SbMM Axis in Neptune Blue
    ...and some other, lesser, non-MM guitars.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jayjayjay View Post
    What's the 2020 hard tail sound like? Beautiful guitar (aren't they all?) - I was tempted, but as I was looking for what would be my no. 1 guitar, I just couldn't go with one pickup and no trem. But I've wondered what the tone and voicing was on that Buttery Blond.
    Er.... I told everyone I would record a video of me playing it. Didn't do it yet. Super busy. Maybe this weekend. In the meantime you can check out my post here where I describe it.

Last edited by dibart77; 02-24-2021 at 11:30 PM.

User Info Menu

Also interesting the neck on the Buttery Blonde does not appear to have the typical oil/wax finish...but a gloss clear coat.
    2005 EBMM Axis Super Sport Rosewood Top/Rosewood Neck - Hardtail
    2017 EBMM Silhouette - White - HSH/Trem - Maple/RW neck FOR SALE
    2019 SbMM Albert Lee - Trans Walnut - HSH Mod - ever changing
    2x 2017 SbMM LK100D LUKE - Black Metallic - Stock - Dimarzio Transition pups
    2019 SbMM Axis - Black - Dimarzio Virtual PAF/FS1/Virtual PAF
    2015 SbMM Silo3 SUB - Black/Maple HSS

User Info Menu

Also interesting the neck on the Buttery Blonde does not appear to have the typical oil/wax finish...but a gloss clear coat.
    All EBMM guitars with a bound neck will have a finished neck, not an oiled neck.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GoKart Mozart View Post
    I guess one place to start on the rare ones would be the 2011 Axis Tributes with the brown backs that were released to commemorate the 20yh anniversary of that guitar. Seems like there were only 130 made in all 11 colors.
    That was TEN YEARS AGO already????? That scares me.