Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Morses announced!

User Info Menu

Could be just simple lack of demand for the Floyd models. I remember a thread from early 2018 where there were some complaints about the Luke 2 being discontinued; BP had AJ run the numbers and only *5* had been ordered in the previous 12 months. The L3 had put it out of business.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GoKart Mozart View Post
    Could be just simple lack of demand for the Floyd models. I remember a thread from early 2018 where there were some complaints about the Luke 2 being discontinued; BP had AJ run the numbers and only *5* had been ordered in the previous 12 months. The L3 had put it out of business.
    I imagine that is correct - if no one is ordering them with trems and Steve doesn't play them any more then there is no reason to keep the trem option available.

I do like both the new colors - particularly the blueburst on the Y2D.

I do find it interesting that these are only through the Vault - unless this is a COVID-restrictions-related move and they will be back in normal production either later this year or next year.

User Info Menu

I can't say I come across a lot of Morses/Y2Ds with Floyds.

User Info Menu

I read that offering on the website until I found that the floating Floyd was being offered.
    Also that pic where he is onstage holding the guitar behind his back. It was on the front page of his website for years. That guitar is a Floyd where he is playing "Perfect Strangers". He is facing the guitars to the amps to force feedback.
    That was my favorite guitar sound of the show. that song is really high for my favorite Deep Purple song too.
    93 Silhouette 96 Silhouette Recovered!2007.8.3 99 Silhouette Bass Guitar 00 Steve Morse 02 Sterling 02 Petrucci 02 Silhouette 04 Bongo 04 S.U.B. 05 Steve Morse Y2D 06 Silhouette 06 Petrucci 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 07 7 String 10 Honey Burst Silhouette 11Black Sugar Silhouette 12 Ash Floyd Silhouette19 Bongo 6 Fretless BFR Double neck

User Info Menu

Looks like there is one of each ready to be bought online in the Vault.

Shop Ernie Ball Music Man - The Vault

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Anyone notice that the standard maple necks were changed to roasted after the initial announcement? That makes these much more attractive.

User Info Menu

Huh! And stainless steel frets.

(Which makes more sense, b/c that's what Steve is using these days, right?)

User Info Menu

Okay, I took the plunge. Sparkly Morse ordered

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    OH DANG!!! Good luck with it! I'm tapped out for a while, as I've got uh... 5K in amps on order. Apparently forever because they can't get transformers.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

User Info Menu

WOW Nice Beej, can't wait to see what you think.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

EBMM BFR Morse Tahitian Blue w/SD Pearly Gates pups S/N G79179 DOB 2/7/17
    EBMM Axis SS Pacific Blue Burst Trem S/N G66457 DOB 6/25/13
    EBMM Axis SS Cherry Burst HT S/N G31730 DOB 5/01/06
    SBMM AX30-D Natural Quilt
    SBMM SUB AX4 Trans Red Quilt DiMarzio AXIS pups SD pots GOTOH GE1996T Trem
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

Sweet Beej, think it is so cool and SPARKLY!! Cant wait to see it

User Info Menu

wow!!
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011

My Band: Groove Bang

User Info Menu

Hooray! Maybe one of these days I'll get over again to see it!
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Let's hope! It's been too long.