Thread: Daddy's Home

User Info Menu

Daddy's Home

So here's hoping for some new sleazy 70s finishes for the guitar that guitar forums love to hate.

Daddy's Home-98014741-f8a3-4cf5-ab90-131c5ea88dee-jpg

User Info Menu

Which guitar do guitar forums love to hate?
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

User Info Menu

The St Vincent
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 7pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...nuary-28-2021/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @nashvilleskies

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TripHazard View Post
    The St Vincent
    Ahh... is the hate more about the guitar, or about HER? I definitely think it's an interesting shape for a guitar, and the three mini setup seems quite nice. If they had offered the three mini in blue dawn, I would have bought one. But they only offered it on the 2 HB model.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by St_G View Post
    So here's hoping for some new sleazy 70s finishes for the guitar that guitar forums love to hate.

Daddy's Home-98014741-f8a3-4cf5-ab90-131c5ea88dee-jpg
    I'd love a St. Vincent
    EBMM 1998 Axis Sport MM90
    EBMM 1997 Axis Sport SSH

"The road to hell is paved with adverbs." Stephen King

User Info Menu

I almost bought one as well, but I play a ALHH as my main, which she also did before getting into the deeper MM fold... and it just kind of felt like, well it's her thing... I'll just stick with the ALHH... and now that I have the BFR silver sparkle Silo from last year I do feel like I have my own EBMM custom (#3 of 75) . Anyway the St. Vincent is a very cool guitar regardless! Also, general guitar forums and many of the people who troll them are often overrated lol
    Last edited by Cenobyte; 02-25-2021 at 12:02 PM.

Albert Lee HH
    Silhouette BFR July '20
    Cutlass SSS
    Reflex GC HSHP

User Info Menu

Ya know, I feel like I missed the St Vincent boat. I've always been impressed by her creativity and artistry but I really don't know her work as well I think I should. I'm gonna fix that and dive into her work in the next few weeks!
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Depends who you ask and whether you believe them.

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    Ahh... is the hate more about the guitar, or about HER?.

User Info Menu

I really like her more accessible stuff a lot. It wouldn't be far off to say I think each album has improved upon the previous. I might mayyyyybe prefer S/t over Masseduction, but it'd be close.

But my interest in her guitar is almost wholly separate from my interest in her music. In fact, the specific pickups/electronics she chose make PERFECT sense for how she uses guitar, but aren't as great for how I usually run things. They tend towards sounding a little flat and congested at low gain (I use a multiband compressor to add some sparkle to them). But I keep not replacing them, because they really ARE great for supersaturated sputtterung square wave fuzz - the string-to-string separation and lack of harsh frequencies is truly impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    Ya know, I feel like I missed the St Vincent boat. I've always been impressed by her creativity and artistry but I really don't know her work as well I think I should. I'm gonna fix that and dive into her work in the next few weeks!

User Info Menu

I love em both. Happy owner of a BFR - trans gold Its killer
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 7pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...nuary-28-2021/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @nashvilleskies