Joe Dart

Thread: NGD - BFR Albert Lee

User Info Menu

NGD - BFR Albert Lee

First post for a long, long time....

Earlier this week I was lucky to find a mint, possibly unplayed BFR Albert Lee which is 10+ yrs old. Apparently it belonged to a collector who has recently downsized so he sold it back to the original supplier.

My Father recently passed which allowed me to afford this, he also played the guitar and was very fond of Albert Lee (and birdseye maple necks) so I hope he would approve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NGD - BFR Albert Lee-3f21b19a-760a-474f-89c0-92a0680401be-jpg  

User Info Menu

WHOOOOOAAAAA. That is one awesome guitar! Though so is the one in your avatar. Play it in good health!
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    WHOOOOOAAAAA. That is one awesome guitar! Though so is the one in your avatar. Play it in good health!
    Cheers! The avatar was a photoshopped version of the original one I was gassing for years ago, never thought I would actually own one

User Info Menu

Gorgeous!

User Info Menu

Welcome to the ALOC
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:
    Fender Jaguar Modern - P90's

User Info Menu

sorry for your loss, but what a great a geetar!!
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011

My Band: Groove Bang

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spudmurphy View Post
    Welcome to the ALOC
    Thanks Kevin (we met at the 08/09 Knucklehead bashes). I’ve been chasing one of these since ‘Strummer’ won the raffle at the first bash. I remember consoling Mike/Smellybum after he spent a fortune on tickets! I knew he wouldn’t let Magnus leave the country with it!
    At last I can join the ALOC after 13yrs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by banjoplayer View Post
    sorry for your loss, but what a great a geetar!!
    Thank you!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Thanks Kevin (we met at the 08/09 Knucklehead bashes). I’ve been chasing one of these since ‘Strummer’ won the raffle at the first bash. I remember consoling Mike/Smellybum after he spent a fortune on tickets! I knew he wouldn’t let Magnus leave the country with it!
    At last I can join the ALOC after 13yrs
    Wow - what a night that was eh? fantastic Knucklehead Bash that. The previous year (or was it the year after?) my mate won the raffle for the Axis - signed by Big Poppa!
    getting an Albert Lee was the best thing that happened for me - it just changed and helped my guitar playing.
    Hang on to that one - it will definitely go up a lot in value.

When Beth announced the winner of that Albert she said "... and the winner of the raffle is SSSS......... (I was waiting for 'pud, but alas it was 'trummer).

Glad you got it and nice to touch base after all these years..

..... decoder ring and secret handshake instructions will follow in the post !
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:
    Fender Jaguar Modern - P90's

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spudmurphy View Post
    Wow - what a night that was eh? fantastic Knucklehead Bash that. The previous year (or was it the year after?) my mate won the raffle for the Axis - signed by Big Poppa!
    getting an Albert Lee was the best thing that happened for me - it just changed and helped my guitar playing.
    Hang on to that one - it will definitely go up a lot in value.

When Beth announced the winner of that Albert she said "... and the winner of the raffle is SSSS......... (I was waiting for 'pud, but alas it was 'trummer).

Glad you got it and nice to touch base after all these years..

..... decoder ring and secret handshake instructions will follow in the post !
    Cheers Spud, that mountain of Red Stripe damaged me that first evening. The second one was a little more civilised, met Mr Lee that night and I was chuffed that your mate won the Axis.

User Info Menu

Beauty! Attach your fond memories to it and love it forever!!
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Very nice, great guitar congrats on grabbing one.

User Info Menu

Nice congrats looks great!!!!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Cheers! The avatar was a photoshopped version of the original one I was gassing for years ago, never thought I would actually own one
    Oh wow! Hopefully you can snap a nice photo of it, and then you'll have a new avatar!
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB