Joe Dart

Thread: GAS for Majesty. Am I nuts?

User Info Menu

GAS for Majesty. Am I nuts?

So, yeah. We all know how the GAS goes.

As you can see if you check my sig, I've got a few JPs: original JP6 (no options), BFR JP6 (original version), Dargie 2 JP6, and JP13 7-String. Thinking of letting my original BFR JP6 and/or Dargie 2 go in support of a future Majesty purchase.

So, Majesty owners (or those who have experienced the Majesty), especially if you've had previous editions of JP guitars, am I nuts for wanting a Majesty? Am I nuts not to try to get my hands on a Majesty? Have any of you just sold off all your other JP guitars for a Majesty? Did you regret it?
    Last edited by roburado; 02-28-2021 at 11:01 AM.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple (Sold); Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

Go for it!!

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360
    MAJESTY Gremlin Green M0????

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyboogie View Post
    Go for it!!
    I imagine you like the Majesty.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple (Sold); Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

I do!!

I'd never tried one before I bought my first one but since you like the JP models I think you'll like the Majesty as well. Slightly thicker neck profile but nothing that strays far from the whole JP approach of the instrument. Slick, fast and ready to kick @ss =D

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360
    MAJESTY Gremlin Green M0????

User Info Menu

I've still yet to try one for any longer than a few minutes but I feel you. The want is pretty strong for some of them.
    2003 Petrucci 7 - White
    2005 Petrucci 7 - Radiance Red
    2006 Petrucci 6 - Desert Gold
    2007 Petrucci 7 - Dargie Delight
    2013 JP12 7 - Cherry Sugar
    2014 JP13 6 - Cardinal Red Sparkle

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 73h Nils View Post
    I've still yet to try one for any longer than a few minutes but I feel you. The want is pretty strong for some of them.
    If you would sell that Dargie Delight back to its rightful owner, I could help you out with making a Majesty your next purchase.
    Y2D, Purple Sunset, hardtail (11/28/05)
    20th Anniversary Silhouette, trem (01/25/07)
    JP6 Blue Dawn LE, piezo (07/10/07)
    JP6 BFR Koa, Tobacco Burst (11/11/08)
    Albert Lee, Emerald Green Sparkle, HH (08/20/13)
    Cutlass RS, Vintage Turquoise, SSS (09/11/18)
    JP6 Mystic Dream, piezo (09/18/18)
    Monarchy Majesty 7 Majestic Purple (09/19/18)
    JP6 20th Anniversary (on order)

User Info Menu

I like the Majesty more than the JP6 models, go for it!
    2007 JP6 BFR Bahama Blueburst
    2008 JP6 BFR Koa Tobacco Burst
    2014 Majesty Arctic Dream
    2019 Majesty Purple Nebula

User Info Menu

First off, Rob, email sent!

I have a rosewood neck JP6 as my #1 gigging guitar, although over the past two years I have been using my Gold Sparkle Majesty nearly 50% of the time if not more. I love the forearm scoop on the original model, and the oil/wax treatment on the neck. The light-weight body and rounded profile of the Majesty is incredible, though - I don't really use the boost feature.
    Our exclusive color Diablo Blue is coming back in Summer 2021!
    DuBaldo Music's "Diablo Blue" !

^--- My Store --->
    DuBaldo Music on Facebook also on Twitter and on Instagram

Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    YELLOW 9 -- HeadSpace -- Romeo's Bleeding - Bon◆Jovi Tribute <--- My bands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    First off, Rob, email sent!

I have a rosewood neck JP6 as my #1 gigging guitar, although over the past two years I have been using my Gold Sparkle Majesty nearly 50% of the time if not more. I love the forearm scoop on the original model, and the oil/wax treatment on the neck. The light-weight body and rounded profile of the Majesty is incredible, though - I don't really use the boost feature.
    Pete, reply email sent! Thanks!

Do you think the Gold Sparkle Majesty is overtaking the rosewood neck JP6 for you?