JP 20th Anniversary
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 25th Anniversary guitar. Was it just a bunch of blind alleys?

User Info Menu

The 25th Anniversary is such a versatile guitar. So resonant. Love mine. It’s what I’m playing in my avatar. Only small criticism I have is the difficulty of switching pup choice and changing from series to parallel at the same time. Still, not selling mine.
    Starry Night LIII HH
    DuBaldo Blue LIII HH
    Bali Burst LIII HH
    some other LIIIs
    25th Anniversary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fogman View Post
    That blue Reflex is sexy as hell. I'd totally get one of those. .... definitely prefer the smaller dot inlays though.
    Ya, I was looking at getting a black Reflex with a maple board, then poof! They stopped making them.

Here's my 25th.
    THAT's special.....outstanding!
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

it wasnt a mistake the public didnt accept it. It is still one of my proudest products The 20th silo i sin that group

the biggest mistake/failure of my career was the gamechanger.

I still stand by it but guitarists were terrified at the flexability.
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    it wasnt a mistake the public didnt accept it. It is still one of my proudest products The 20th silo i sin that group

It's funny how most guitarists won't touch a guitar with active electronics with a stick, while bassists are all over active 18V preamps 4 or 5 Band EQs and even splitting their pickups into 2 separate amps.
    i still wish i could've pulled a trigger on a 25th anniversary reflex.
    were there many failures with the GC Technology, how does it hold up today?
    funny if you think that almost everybody relies on ICs, microchips and whatnot in their phones and pc's, but as soon as it's in a guitar they won't even try it LOL
    Music Man JP7 PDN 2012 Honey Roasted #F20403
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2013 Emerald Green Sparkle #G68213
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2014 Neptune Blue Roasted #G71474
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2016 Starry Night #G77086
    Music Man Bongo 5HH PDN 2015 Vintage Tobacco Burst #F44860

User Info Menu

The 25th, the 20th, the Bongo and last but not least the Gamechanger were incredibly bold products in an industry that still seems to be happy to play Lego™ with the rather limited set of bricks Leo and Les defined over 70 years ago.

And it wasn't for nothing, was it? The ideas, the technology still live on and are being actively developed, are they not? The Cutlass, the JP models or the Stingray Special basses wouldn't exist as they do without these predecessors.

I'd rather call them a Concorde moment for stringed electric instruments.
    SBMM Silhouette HSS
    You can tune a bass but you can't tuna fish.

User Info Menu

I personally love the 25th and the 20th Silo. Some of the most wonderful guitars I have ever played, owned. I'm half-hoping that no one here wants to buy my 20th Silo that I listed.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple (Sold); Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fogman View Post
    That blue Reflex is sexy as hell. I'd totally get one of those. .... definitely prefer the smaller dot inlays though.
    Ya, I was looking at getting a black Reflex with a maple board, then poof! They stopped making them.

Here's my 25th.

That top is just RIDICULOUS! Wow.
    A S T R O F R E Q . C O M

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

I share most of the sentiments here too - had it for many years and still turns out to be my no.1.

Best feeling neck, bigger body size is awesome; and great tones.

Pic of mine from a recent gig at the Factory, Sydney

25th Anniversary guitar.  Was it just a bunch of blind alleys?-smartselect_20201207-093504_instagram-jpg
    Balls:

2018 Stingray Guitar - Stealth
    2017 JP6 - Starry Night
    25th Anniversary - Venetian Red
    2001 Silhouette Special - Las Vegas Gold

User Info Menu

I bought mine a little over a year ago and I must say it's really growing on me. The tonal capabilities are unbelievable. It takes some time to get used to the switches and different possibilities, but it's totally worth it!

Due to the known reason, I haven't been able to gig it yet, but I'm really looking forward to taking it on stage!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 25th Anniversary guitar.  Was it just a bunch of blind alleys?-img_20200207_095230_9-jpg  
    1998 Axis Sport - Trans Red - SIGNED BY ERNIE BALL AND STERLING BALL!!
    2000 Axis Super Sport - Honeyburst
    2002 Silhouette Special - Blue Dawn
    2006 Albert Lee - Rolls Burgundy - signed by Albert Lee @ UK Knucklehead Bash 2009!
    2007 Stingray H Bass - Dargie Delight I
    2009 25th Anniversary BFR - #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TwAn View Post
    I bought mine a little over a year ago and I must say it's really growing on me. The tonal capabilities are unbelievable. It takes some time to get used to the switches and different possibilities, but it's totally worth it!

Due to the known reason, I haven't been able to gig it yet, but I'm really looking forward to taking it on stage!
    An absolute beauty
    2010 Axis Super Sport BFR Bahama Blue Burst Rosewood fretboard

You only have 12 notes, what you do with them is up to you - Edward Van Halen

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TwAn View Post

Twan, love the BFR 12th fret inlay on that one!!! Artist model???

25th Anniversary guitar.  Was it just a bunch of blind alleys?-img_20200207_095230_9-jpg

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Twan, love the BFR 12th fret inlay on that one!!! Artist model???

25th Anniversary guitar.  Was it just a bunch of blind alleys?-img_20200207_095230_9-jpg

Glenn |B)
    This is the BFR model with Rosewood neck. Only 25 of these were made, if I'm not mistaken...
    1998 Axis Sport - Trans Red - SIGNED BY ERNIE BALL AND STERLING BALL!!
    2000 Axis Super Sport - Honeyburst
    2002 Silhouette Special - Blue Dawn
    2006 Albert Lee - Rolls Burgundy - signed by Albert Lee @ UK Knucklehead Bash 2009!
    2007 Stingray H Bass - Dargie Delight I
    2009 25th Anniversary BFR - #12

User Info Menu

Absolutely love my Gamechanger. I have considered buying a second one. I literally can't gig without it.

I guess since I started out my musical life as a keyboard player, technology never scared me. I used to use a variax a lot too, but the GC really sounds better in almost all situations.

My 25th is also still one of my most played guitars.
    Guitarist, Keyboardist, owner of the Academy of Noise and the Red Door Studio.
    Kansastribute.com

Armada, Gamechanger reflex, Y2D, JP6,, 25th Anniversary Reflex
    3 Stratocasters, RG3120, Variax, Stingray Bass.

User Info Menu

One of the ultimate regrets of my guitar life was this one day 3 years ago when I walked into the Daytona Beach Florida Guitar Center and on the wall was a almost dead mint 25th with flame top and trem. I hesitated and it was gone a few days later. They had it for $1400 which was a steal IMO. The employee asked me if that was a good price and I of course had my poker face on. But, I knew that was worth it and then some and I regret not grabbing it on the spot. But, it was a time in my life when I was trying to finish a 6 year long complete house renovation so I could sell it and return back to the northeast. However, if I could turn back the clock, that guitar would have gone home with me that day. I hope some of these discontinued models can come back to life as limited vault releases.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrewH View Post
    One of the ultimate regrets of my guitar life was this one day 3 years ago when I walked into the Daytona Beach Florida Guitar Center and on the wall was a almost dead mint 25th with flame top and trem. I hesitated and it was gone a few days later. They had it for $1400 which was a steal IMO. The employee asked me if that was a good price and I of course had my poker face on. But, I knew that was worth it and then some and I regret not grabbing it on the spot. But, it was a time in my life when I was trying to finish a 6 year long complete house renovation so I could sell it and return back to the northeast. However, if I could turn back the clock, that guitar would have gone home with me that day. I hope some of these discontinued models can come back to life as limited vault releases.
    Yes, I completely get this. I truly regret selling my Reflex, it was so versatile, sounded so incredibly good. Y'all heard this before from me... when I’m done putting my Son through college / spring 2022, I am buying back every single model and will not care one bit what the price is........................