Majesty New Colors 2021
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 25th Anniversary guitar. Was it just a bunch of blind alleys?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    funny if you think that almost everybody relies on ICs, microchips and whatnot in their phones and pc's, but as soon as it's in a guitar they won't even try it LOL

There is a big difference : I know that I will change my phone every 3 or 4 years, because the technology evolves (and the battery dies ...).
    But when I buy a guitar (especially an expensive one), I hope to play it till my dying day (not soon I hope !).

I will never buy a guitar that I cannot fix myself with a reasonable amount of efforts.
    The GC (or the Majesty) will be unfixable in 20 years.

User Info Menu

Smile

I couldn't agree more.
    That' s why the Reflex / 25th Anniversary should pass the test of time.
    ´14 Silhouette Special PDN Neptune Blue
    ´14 Silhouette GR PDN Cardinal Red Sparkle

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fbecir View Post
    There is a big difference : I know that I will change my phone every 3 or 4 years, because the technology evolves (and the battery dies ...).
    But when I buy a guitar (especially an expensive one), I hope to play it till my dying day (not soon I hope !).

I will never buy a guitar that I cannot fix myself with a reasonable amount of efforts.
    The GC (or the Majesty) will be unfixable in 20 years.
    +1

I still remember BP saying that with people like me we would still drive 2CV.

As much as I love the GC concept I would freak out not being able to manage the pickup routing in 20 years cause the website s no longer supported or all USB are replaced with USB C. A guitar is not a computer and should last longer.

But I love my 25th anniversary, no battery, no IC
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009

User Info Menu

Simplicity is a good thing. I was tempted to sell my JP6, which has no options whatsoever, but I think I might keep it for its simplicity.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple (Sold); Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

I just picked one up on Reverb, hoping these necks aren’t too different than my Axis guitars.

User Info Menu

Well, I guess a majesty in 20 years would be repaired like any guitars, rip the guts out, put new guts, play
    Majesty Monarchy Royal Red Born 04/30/18
    JP12 Cherry Sugar Born 05/14/12
    JP7 Pearl Redburst Born 02/13/04
    Sold : JP6 Blue dawn & JP6 Mystic dream
    Axe FX2XL+ & MFC101 MK3
    Boss WL-50, 2x Yamaha HS7 & HS8S, Shure SE535 Ltd, Sennheiser HD25 SP2...
    https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slick64 View Post
    I just picked one up on Reverb, hoping these necks aren’t too different than my Axis guitars.
    You will LOVE it.
    A S T R O F R E Q . C O M

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slick64 View Post
    You'll definitely love it! From what I recall, they're pretty much the same neck but wider in the right spots.
    "If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

Yucatan Blue Axis
    Black Sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

User Info Menu

Geez, Foggy! Almost 12,000 posts! I have some serious catching up to do!
    A S T R O F R E Q . C O M

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

Depending on how nice this is, I may have to move a few more EBMM guitars.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by threeminutesboy View Post
    +1

I still remember BP saying that with people like me we would still drive 2CV.

As much as I love the GC concept I would freak out not being able to manage the pickup routing in 20 years cause the website s no longer supported or all USB are replaced with USB C. A guitar is not a computer and should last longer.
    I think we're already almost there with lack of support on the web app?

However, I'd still buy one, just don't overpay for it, because there's a good chance you're going to have to replace some of the electronics someday. It will still be a reflex with a piezo and a lot of switches to give you options.
    Guitarist, Keyboardist, owner of the Academy of Noise and the Red Door Studio.
    Kansastribute.com

Armada, Gamechanger reflex, Y2D, JP6,, 25th Anniversary Reflex
    3 Stratocasters, RG3120, Variax, Stingray Bass.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Astrofreq View Post
    Geez, Foggy! Almost 12,000 posts! I have some serious catching up to do!
    Haha. I haven't posted much in recent years. Aside from that, there was way more of a post count. Some years back I didn't have a Music Man, posted a zillion questions about them, blah blah blah.... Then it became a thing where I verbally said (or someone said) that I needed to get a damn Music Man before I hit 10,000 posts.
    I posted a lot and that became a problem. So I was deleting old posts, and made alternate profile personalities to avoid the 10,000. lol. Good times.
    So in truth, I should probably have about 14,000-15,000.
    "If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

Yucatan Blue Axis
    Black Sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH