Thread: NGD 1997 Axis Sport HSS Trans Blue

User Info Menu

NGD 1997 Axis Sport HSS Trans Blue

My new first choice for the blues. I love these and wish EB would resurrect them.

The blue has a gorgeous aqua tint I can't get to show in pics no matter what light I use.
    Maybe from aging.

Its in amazing condition, almost mint.

Now I can't wait for my blond one to come in. Since that no longer has the original pickups, I may go with a set of tele pickups, since I have one of those pick guards lying around.

NGD 1997 Axis Sport HSS Trans Blue-blue-sport-hss-jpg

NGD 1997 Axis Sport HSS Trans Blue-blue-sport-hss-body-jpg

User Info Menu

WOW!!!!!! Nice snag was that one on Reverb?

EBMM's best kept secret, maybe some day one will show up as a BFR??

Congrats, Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

NICE!!! I've seen some of those in different configurations. How does the sound of the Ash body compare to the usual Maple topped basswood?
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

User Info Menu

Beauty! Congrats!
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post

Congrats, Glenn |B)
    It was on Reverb and very well proceed. Like $1200 I think.

User Info Menu

Seems the Sports are getting a lot of love lately

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slick64 View Post
    It was on Reverb and very well proceed. Like $1200 I think.
    Nice man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    As it should be. I miss having a sport, nice and simple really. I see one I'd like, but don't need.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    I bought 2 recently, in the past week. The purple one on Reverb looks nice but priced for the Euro market, and has some pretty big dings on it too. She's a looker though.

Those in the tribute colors would be spectacular, although not sure how the maple top would compare to the basswood body. I haven't really had a good long chance to A/B them yet.

User Info Menu

Congrats, Glenn |B)
    I really only plugged it in for like 10 mins, and should be able to have a better description over the weekend hopefully. Right now that blue one, and my roasted neck on the Music Zoo fuschia are hands down the best of my 6 Axis, and the 98 Blonde Sport is still on it's way.

User Info Menu

Nice man!!!

As it should be. I miss having a sport, nice and simple really. I see one I'd like, but don't need.

Glenn |B)
    Need? What does that have to do with it.

I try to sell one for news coming in, but the EBMM's will be keepers. I was able to sell 2 EVH ones for 5 regular Axis ones......that was easy. I wouldn't pay $6500+ for them, but they sold in less than an hour.

The standard Axis to me is a better guitar with the belly cut and improvements anyways.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slick64 View Post
    Need? What does that have to do with it.

I try to sell one for news coming in, but the EBMM's will be keepers. I was able to sell 2 EVH ones for 5 regular Axis ones......that was easy. I wouldn't pay $6500+ for them, but they sold in less than an hour.

The standard Axis to me is a better guitar with the belly cut and improvements anyways.
    I do as well, however, I love everything I have, so I don't want to part with anything. And since I can barely play, I can't really justify 4 guitars let alone more.

Glenn |B)