Majesty New Colors 2021

Thread: End of an Era? The last Gold Axis.

User Info Menu

End of an Era? The last Gold Axis.

I have been jonesing for another AXIS since I let my purple Tribute go a few years ago after an unfortunate New Year's Eve gig accident, where the top got damaged. I still should never have sold it. Amazing guitar.

Fast fwd a few years later, and EVH heartbreak has me returning to seek one out, and I noticed prices had sky rocketed.

This Axis is literally the last one to walk out of the shop, although it was NOT the last built - at least I don't think it was.

It was supposed to be used in the 2020 promo videos for EBMM, and has been hanging out in Hollywood since before the pandemic started. It's a 2019, but brand spanking new. And it's gorgeous. Trans Gold, you won't see any more (at least not for a while).

I love playing it, makes me miss my purple one more - but this one has a nice level of maturity to it, and it's so fun to play.

Can't wait to see what they bring to the table for this year's offerings.

Enjoy!

End of an Era?   The last Gold Axis.-web_dsc8827-jpg
    [SIGPIC[/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

How easy was it to set up with the D-tuna? Also, I'm pretty sure they will make Trans Gold again. It's one of the more popular colors for the Axis. Right now used prices are crazy though.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

User Info Menu

Yeah, as I mentioned, for now they are done with it. This was supposed to be the press one for last year, when there were NO Axis' produced.

As far as D-Tuna goes, it was easy for me on this one. The Tribute was a nightmare. This one was easy and very stable.
    [SIGPIC[/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

She's a beaut. Enjoy.

User Info Menu

Thanks! I am! Got me to fall back in love with .009's - lol. So much fun to play! Between that and the Tiger Eye Maj I just picked up, it's been a pretty good year, so far.
    [SIGPIC[/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

I have a gorgeous pink tribute. Why all the hate for them?

User Info Menu

No hate at all! Want to swap - lol? It's just with the bridge that was on that one, for some reason, it was a different variant (correct me if I'm wrong) of the Floyd that was EBMM branded, and some people on here at the time (me included) had issues installing D-Tuna's on those bridges.

But no, NO HATE AT ALL! Lovely guitars. Miss my purple one, immensely.
    [SIGPIC[/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slick64 View Post
    I have a gorgeous pink tribute. Why all the hate for them?
    John - if you ever want to sell that, I have a buddy that was looking for a pink Axis or EVH.

J
    --
    2007 Axis SuperSport LE Blue Dawn
    2017 BFR Steve Morse HH Tahitian Blue #69 of 69
    2018 BFR Axis SuperSport Trans Light Purple #10 of 27
    2019 Luke III Firemist Purple
    2020 Luke III H-H Fuchsia Sparkle
    2020 Albert Lee H-H Fuchsia Sparkle
    2020 Cutlass RS Ghostwood
    2021 Sabre Pacific Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Don’t plan on selling at the moment until a lava burst quilt pops up.

User Info Menu

That one is stunning, congrats! The trans gold is a great look on the Axis. There might be one or two still in production but I doubt it.

We recently had G99950 come through, built 2/16/2021 and shipped to us on 2/17 or 2/18.

I should have ordered more!

End of an Era?   The last Gold Axis.-9456-ernie-ball-music-axis-trans-gold-quilt-g99950-5-0-1-1000x1000-jpg
    Our exclusive color Diablo Blue is coming back in Summer 2021!
    DuBaldo Music's "Diablo Blue" !

^--- My Store --->
    DuBaldo Music on Facebook also on Twitter and on Instagram

Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    YELLOW 9 -- HeadSpace -- Romeo's Bleeding - Bon◆Jovi Tribute <--- My bands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    That one is stunning, congrats! The trans gold is a great look on the Axis. There might be one or two still in production but I doubt it.

We recently had G99950 come through, built 2/16/2021 and shipped to us on 2/17 or 2/18.

I should have ordered more!

End of an Era?   The last Gold Axis.-9456-ernie-ball-music-axis-trans-gold-quilt-g99950-5-0-1-1000x1000-jpg
    Love my Gold Axis.... patiently waiting to see what EBMM does with the new Axis colors! To the OP that's a stunner, congrats and enjoy it.
    Trans Gold Axis- Flame (DOB 12.13.1996)
    Trans Green Axis Sport (DOB 12.02.1997)
    Trans Green Axis- Quilt (DOB 03.14.2000)
    Black HH Albert Lee (DOB 12.01.2009)
    Honey Roasted Axis - Quilt (DOB 09.20.2012)
    White HSS Silo Spec (DOB 02.03.2014)

User Info Menu

Thanks, guys! Not being a total trans gold guy, I adore it. I love looking at it, playing it, just awesome.
    [SIGPIC[/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Nice congrats!!!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"