Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Updated description copy on the St Vincent page

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dibart77 View Post
    Happy to say goodbye to that nurses cap pickguard! I have always wanted a St.V without the pickguard. I wonder if there's still a big route under the pickguard -- because I would remove it.

Hahahahahahaha, that's a great way of putting it Jeff. Only time will tell, maybe Dargin can share when it finally drops.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Someone just commented and it was something else I missed, they have reverse head stocks 2 over 4 :O.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Yep. The near-symmetry of the EBMM headstock means it's only a small variation, but It's a cool variation, imo. I think one would look great hanging on my wall, right next to my og Vincent Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Someone just commented and it was something else I missed, they have reverse head stocks 2 over 4 :O.

Glenn |B)
    Last edited by St_G; 03-31-2021 at 07:12 PM.

User Info Menu

Yeah, like the Morse Darklord had.

User Info Menu

Glenn |B)
    EBMM reposted the pic on Twitter earlier today, and I noticed it then - the reversed headstock. Looks like they put a left-handed neck on a right-handed body.
    2018 EBMM Axis BFR in Steel Blue
    2020 SbMM Axis in White
    2021 SbMM Axis in Neptune Blue
    ...and some other, lesser, non-MM guitars.

User Info Menu

I actually like the original pickguard, but the new ones look cool, too. I will stick with my original St. Vincent (Polaris White, full rosewood neck) and St. Vincent HH (Charcoal Sparkle) for life. That said, if they made changes to the sound as well, then maybe I could talk myself into an additional pair that will cause me to kick something else out of the collection.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by St_G View Post
    They're regular minibuckers and, imo, offer remarkably little variety for a three-pickup guitar. Paired with the 250k pots, you've got in instrument that can be a little dull at lower gain (unless you eq the living crap out of it), but holds together EXTREMELY well under gobs of distortion. I've yet to find a setting that can overpower the string-to-string separation or introduce grating, harsh frequencies that jump out. Everything is very controlled and that's really the only reason I've kept mine totally stock. I'd be mighty interested to add another one and swap in some brighter pups (or just 500k pots).
    Maybe 300K? That is kinda odd, since just about everyone uses 500K pots with minis. But I guess that's what St. Vincent wanted. Not really a big thing to modify thankfully.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

User Info Menu

I kinda like the original pickguard, but this is a cool variant. The reverse headstock is a nice quirky twist. I wonder if they’ll be doing the same changes with the SBMM line, or wait a year or two.

I have to say, I really like Annie Clark’s design sensibilities. Her guitars are pretty damn cool, aesthetically and feature-wise.

User Info Menu

Oh, for sure that's how she wanted it. And if you listen to how she uses guitar - almost like a controller for effects- it makes sense that she'd gravitate towards a base sound without a ton of character of its own. The special sauce tends to come later in the signal chain for her, and that can react poorly to an instrument with a really strong baked-in sound.

User Info Menu

That's pretty much where I land too.

Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    I kinda like the original pickguard, but this is a cool variant. The reverse headstock is a nice quirky twist.

User Info Menu

Well Annie (aka St Vincent) is playing Saturday Night Live tonight, I'm hoping to see one of these new guitars!!

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

The new Goldie is on the website:
    St. Vincent Goldie | Guitars | Ernie Ball Music Man

Music Man Basses: Carbon Blue Pearl HH Bongo 4 - 20th Anniversary H SR5 - Trans Teal H SR4 - Vintage Sunburst Hp Fretless SR4 - Vintage Gold HSS Reflex 5 - Ivory White Caprice - BFR Redwood HH SR4 - Pacific Blue Burst HS Sterling 4 - Raspberry Pearl Short Scale StingRay - Butterscotch Old Smoothie - Jet Black H StingRay Special
    Music Man Guitars: White Sparkle Piezo JP 6 - Vintage Sunburst HH Luke III - Trans Black Reflex - Coral Red SSS Cutlass RS

User Info Menu

Very cool.

User Info Menu

She played it on Saturday Night Live like I thought looks great!!! Love the solid saddles, new pick guard and the reverse head stock!!!!

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

oooh! "Custom Music Man Gold Foil Mini Humbuckers". Also, looks like the control layout is a standard 3 pickup type, so no "all three together" position.

I noticed that they still have the original St Vincent listed though. I wonder if they are going to have both models concurrently?
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB