Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Updated description copy on the St Vincent page

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post

So on the guitar...I couldnt be more excited at the team....the pickups are so good and I think the sonics will in the end drive this guitars success.
    I love the guitar and I contacted my dealer today to preorder one.

Can you tell us more about the pickups please?
    Compared to the Dimarzio mini humbuckers?
    Thank you!
    Cheers
    Sash
    2019 LIII in Firemist Purple
    2020 LIII in Bodhi Blue
    2020 LIII in Fuchsia Sparkle

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    couple things since I was the lead on this with Annie....Understand that it is human nature to resist change. We expect it.
    2 Social media is on borrowed time...seriously too much venom and needless judgement , lack of due process

heres where I sit...Everyone gets their opinion. Some are true buyers..some are people who will never buy a elevated made in usa guitar. It's a venom outlet.

If we took something away I would understand just a little...but yesterday was still easter and you will still hopefully have your birthday and there is another choice for guitarists.

So on the guitar...I couldnt be more excited at the team....the pickups are so good and I think the sonics will in the end drive this guitars success.

On the price...I dont want to argue about this...but we cant make guitars at the old prices....everything has gone up so much. Making semi custom guitars and paying a living wage makes these prices what they are.
    Well said, and well done!

This model isn't for me, but I don't doubt for a second that it will be another huge success. I love and am so grateful to have my Polaris White St. Vincent (original all rosewood neck) and my Charcoal Sparkle HH. Just monster guitars that I play every day.
    Last edited by Anacharsis; 04-06-2021 at 07:42 PM.

User Info Menu

Do be honest i really dont like her music. I have listened to all of her music multiple times. I really dont think she is something special, but thats just my opinion. I have to say though that her signature guitar is maybe my favorite shape ever. I like the original version. I hope they release more because i have a hard time finding polaris whites in the used market. Do we know anything about that?

Also it seems that the bridge is like the petrucci's models. So if i go to a prof. luthier would a floating bridge be an easy mod?

User Info Menu

No mod needed. I've got the bridge on mine floating a bit. Just loosen the screws on the claw until it's where you want it.

Edit: or you can just remove a spring, but that gives you much less granular control and it drastically changes the feel of the trem.
    Last edited by St_G; 04-08-2021 at 07:24 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowvault View Post
    Do be honest i really dont like her music. I have listened to all of her music multiple times. I really dont think she is something special, but thats just my opinion. I have to say though that her signature guitar is maybe my favorite shape ever. I like the original version. I hope they release more because i have a hard time finding polaris whites in the used market. Do we know anything about that?

Also it seems that the bridge is like the petrucci's models. So if i go to a prof. luthier would a floating bridge be an easy mod?
    You've listened through all seven studio albums multiple times, despite not liking the first one or two the first time you heard it? Unusual approach. Not sure if I am impressed or a little freaked out.

But hey, nothing is for everyone. I like her stuff a lot, in part because of how varied it is. I really like her creative sensibility.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Anacharsis View Post
    You've listened through all seven studio albums multiple times, despite not liking the first one or two the first time you heard it? Unusual approach. Not sure if I am impressed or a little freaked out.

But hey, nothing is for everyone. I like her stuff a lot, in part because of how varied it is. I really like her creative sensibility.
    One thing about her is that she's constantly reinventing herself, her sound, and her image. You can love one album, and then really have no reaction to the next one.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

User Info Menu

St. Vincent and Strange Mercy are AMAZING albums.
    A S T R O F R E Q . C O M

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Anacharsis View Post

Yes, exactly. Is there another way to form an opinion? 😅
    I just wanted to see what was all the fuss about plus i loved the signature model, so...
    I do that with multiple artists. Trying to discover stuff. As mentioned in another comment (im bad with forum quotes) two albums from the same artist can be completely different.

User Info Menu

It reminds me of a drummer I used to play with that didn't like the Beatles because he couldn't get into Ringo's drumming. Talk about missing the point if only "shredders" are the only ones considered to be good music.

BTW, Ringo rules.
    A S T R O F R E Q . C O M

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

Would love to know how these pickups compare to the original! Is it just a visual difference?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by St_G View Post
    *-My 2016 STV balances fine, but is on the heavier side of things (closer to 8lbs than 7 1/2) so I do worry a *little* about how going to a lighter body might affect things on a model that people often say suffers from neck dive.
    Mine is just under 7lbs and it's fine with a leather strap! Will be really interesting to know how much these new models weigh.

User Info Menu

Who else still wants to hear more about the new pickups? Sound off.