Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Now Available on Dimarzio’s Website- Axis Pickups!

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Now Available on Dimarzio’s Website- Axis Pickups!

    Looks like Dimarzio just released the Axis pickups for sale...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -25d87afa-6671-41cd-8e79-1465efbeb55e-jpg  
    Trans Gold Axis- Flame (DOB 12.13.1996)
    Trans Green Axis Sport (DOB 12.02.1997)
    Trans Green Axis- Quilt (DOB 03.14.2000)
    Black HH Albert Lee (DOB 12.01.2009)
    Honey Roasted Axis - Quilt (DOB 09.20.2012)
    White HSS Silo Spec (DOB 02.03.2014)

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Epic!!!!!
    Last edited by Astrofreq; 04-01-2021 at 09:31 AM.
    A S T R O F R E Q . C O M

    Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    In other news, don’t believe anything you read online on 1 April!

  4. #4

    User Info Menu


  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by GoKart Mozart View Post
    In other news, don’t believe anything you read online on 1 April!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, so true!!!

    Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]


    Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Well, you know that MM is making their own pickups in house now, so...????
    Balls are Best!!

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Gotta say, that's a pretty good fake. You have to really zoom in to see where the text doesn't quite line up.

    Looks like you used The Tone Zone pup for the image.
    2018 EBMM Axis BFR in Steel Blue
    2020 SbMM Axis in White
    2021 SbMM Axis in Neptune Blue
    ...and some other, lesser, non-MM guitars.

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jayjayjay View Post
    Gotta say, that's a pretty good fake. You have to really zoom in to see where the text doesn't quite line up.

    Looks like you used The Tone Zone pup for the image.
    I can’t take credit for the photo. I thought it would go over well here though... I had a “oh ****, got to order one” moment for a split second before remembering what today was...
    Trans Gold Axis- Flame (DOB 12.13.1996)
    Trans Green Axis Sport (DOB 12.02.1997)
    Trans Green Axis- Quilt (DOB 03.14.2000)
    Black HH Albert Lee (DOB 12.01.2009)
    Honey Roasted Axis - Quilt (DOB 09.20.2012)
    White HSS Silo Spec (DOB 02.03.2014)

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    EBMM BFR Morse Tahitian Blue w/SD Pearly Gates pups S/N G79179 DOB 2/7/17
    EBMM Axis SS Pacific Blue Burst Trem S/N G66457 DOB 6/25/13
    EBMM Axis SS Cherry Burst HT S/N G31730 DOB 5/01/06
    SBMM AX30-D Natural Quilt
    SBMM SUB AX4 Trans Red Quilt DiMarzio AXIS pups SD pots GOTOH GE1996T Trem
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    HAH! Oh, a wise guy, eh? Why I oughtta....

    You totally got me. I thought it was something like the original deal had a 30 year exclusivity clause and it just expired so DiMarzio made it available...



  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by dibart77 View Post
    HAH! Oh, a wise guy, eh? Why I oughtta....

    You totally got me. I thought it was something like the original deal had a 30 year exclusivity clause and it just expired so DiMarzio made it available...


    😂


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    EBMM BFR Morse Tahitian Blue w/SD Pearly Gates pups S/N G79179 DOB 2/7/17
    EBMM Axis SS Pacific Blue Burst Trem S/N G66457 DOB 6/25/13
    EBMM Axis SS Cherry Burst HT S/N G31730 DOB 5/01/06
    SBMM AX30-D Natural Quilt
    SBMM SUB AX4 Trans Red Quilt DiMarzio AXIS pups SD pots GOTOH GE1996T Trem
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

  12. #12

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratty316 View Post
    I can’t take credit for the photo. I thought it would go over well here though... I had a “oh ****, got to order one” moment for a split second before remembering what today was...
    Hah! It got me browsing around on DiMarzio's site to be sure. Thinking about swapping the pups in one of my SbMM Axis. The stock are hot, don't sound too bad, but certainly don't have the refinement of the pups in my EBMM Axis.

    Any suggestions? Doesn't need to be identical to the EBMM Axis. I was eyeing the Titan bridge. And I love the look of the pup covers on my EBMM (BFR, so it has the chrome covers), so I may go with that style.
    2018 EBMM Axis BFR in Steel Blue
    2020 SbMM Axis in White
    2021 SbMM Axis in Neptune Blue
    ...and some other, lesser, non-MM guitars.

  13. #13

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jayjayjay View Post
    Any suggestions? Doesn't need to be identical to the EBMM Axis. I was eyeing the Titan bridge. And I love the look of the pup covers on my EBMM (BFR, so it has the chrome covers), so I may go with that style.
    Well, if you want the closest thing that they make, that would be a Tone Zone Bridge and Air Norton Neck.

    During the EVH Development, the two finalists were A and B. They were mostly identical except the A had mismatched coils, the "dual resonance" idea that Dimarzio developed. The B was matched coils.

    EVH chose B. The A became The Tone Zone.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

  14. #14

    User Info Menu

    haha,...for a moment.... just ~4 weeks ago I bought a set of AL HH-buckers 2nd hand to fit them in my SUB1. They match that guitar perfectly - but I bought them because I knew of their exclusivity
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011

    My Band: Groove Bang

  15. #15

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    Well, if you want the closest thing that they make, that would be a Tone Zone Bridge and Air Norton Neck.

    During the EVH Development, the two finalists were A and B. They were mostly identical except the A had mismatched coils, the "dual resonance" idea that Dimarzio developed. The B was matched coils.

    EVH chose B. The A became The Tone Zone.
    To the O.P.: You suck!

    tBone: In stock form, the TZ sounds nothing like the bridge pickup in my EVH. Air Norton isn't too far off of the neck in my EVH. I understand there are mods you can do to the TZ to make it "identical" to the Axis/EVH DiMarzio. But in stock form they simply don't compare in my experience - Which is 2 different TZ's in 3 different guitars.

    A generic hot PAF is closer, IMO. And fwiw.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums