Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the Armada completely out of production?

User Info Menu

Is the Armada completely out of production?

I noticed within the last two weeks or so that the Armada no longer appears in the Vault.

Is Ernie Ball done with every version of the Armada for good? I understand the economic realities of running a business, but what a shame, if true.

User Info Menu

Wow they were in there yesterday when I looked. Maybe they sold out of what they had for store.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Wow they were in there yesterday when I looked. Maybe they sold out of what they had for store.

Glenn |B)
    I just looked after I read your post. They're not there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NGJohn View Post
    I just looked after I read your post. They're not there.
    Yah me too. They were there the other day because I noted that they were still for sale. Well maybe you'll get lucky and they'll do a BFR run sometime.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

It's possible that the Armada colors sold out and new colors will appear at some point in the future. There have been plenty of models/colors offered in the vault that disappeared after a while.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

It hasn't shown in the MM guitar page for some time (2019ish?). My assumption is it was discontinued and the vault was left-over stock. Its a shame - always been on my list of guitars I'd like to acquire at some point. Always used of course, but still fun to look at the new ones and see new variations.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAg98 View Post
    It hasn't shown in the MM guitar page for some time (2019ish?). My assumption is it was discontinued and the vault was left-over stock. Its a shame - always been on my list of guitars I'd like to acquire at some point. Always used of course, but still fun to look at the new ones and see new variations.
    I think you're right about them being discontinued, but the Vault was not left over stock. I remember reading that those Armadas had a different neck carve, different pickups, and a bit of different wood in the body.

I was lucky enough to find a black one last year that was new old stock. I love that guitar, but I'd also love to get my hands on a new sunburst Armada.

User Info Menu

Like Adam said " Its a shame - always been on my list of guitars I'd like to acquire at some point."
    Same here...
    I've seen 2 custom Armada's that just blew my mind -
    Pete DuBaldo's -
    New Guitar Day! Pete DuBaldo Gets a Customized Ernie Ball Music Man - YouTube

And Rob Chapman's -
    Unboxing Two Custom Made Music Man Guitars - YouTube
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    Like Adam said " Its a shame - always been on my list of guitars I'd like to acquire at some point."
    Same here...
    I've seen 2 custom Armada's that just blew my mind -
    Pete DuBaldo's -
    New Guitar Day! Pete DuBaldo Gets a Customized Ernie Ball Music Man - YouTube

And Rob Chapman's -
    Unboxing Two Custom Made Music Man Guitars - YouTube
    Why thank you very much!!!
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter

User Info Menu

I would say nothing is completely out of production. There have been some through the vault, which is a good way for EBMM to get through special limited runs during this very VERY strange time.

They are not the only company that has had to pare down their offerings during the Pandemic, sometimes because specific parts can no longer be obtained.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

User Info Menu

The Armada has been discontinued....low sales and it's hard to get one through the factory without multiple fallouts...I don't see us doing an Armada again..
    "Scott Moreno"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dargin View Post
    The Armada has been discontinued....low sales and it's hard to get one through the factory without multiple fallouts...I don't see us doing an Armada again..
    Well that's a shame. It's a great design, but unfortunately it looks like people don't agree. There's also just a TON of competition in the set neck HH guitar world I guess.

Now I'm gonna go drool over the Luke 2 Dargie Delight 1 that Steve Lukather donated and signed to help raise money for Jason Becker.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

User Info Menu

Agreed, it is a great design and I'm glad I have mine - sad to see it get discontinued, but if it makes sense for production then it makes sense!
    Visit the all new

User Info Menu

Really sad to hear that it's been discontinued and probably not being brought back. What did you mean by fallout? Like they were very hard to produce?

User Info Menu

Bummer. I appreciate the candor, though--and I'm very glad I got one when I did. They're amazing.