Majesty New Colors 2021

Thread: Protect signature?

User Info Menu

Protect signature?

My daughter has the BFR St Vincent. The autograph on the back is starting to wear off. The signature is on the plate on the back. Is there anything I could spray it with to protect it? Or should I just order a plate from EB?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beeper View Post
    My daughter has the BFR St Vincent. The autograph on the back is starting to wear off. The signature is on the plate on the back. Is there anything I could spray it with to protect it? Or should I just order a plate from EB?
    The easiest way is to replace the back plate.

Shop Ernie Ball Music Man - Tremolo Cavity Cover for Majesty, John Petrucci, Mariposa, St. Vincent, Valentine, Luke, Steve Morse, Axis, and Axis Super Sport

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Or turn it over

User Info Menu

Clear nail polish if you want to keep it attached. I haven't personally done it but know people that have and it seemed to work. That being said, just buy a spare cover plate and swap it.
    2003 Petrucci 7 - White
    2005 Petrucci 7 - Radiance Red
    2006 Petrucci 6 - Desert Gold
    2007 Petrucci 7 - Dargie Delight
    2013 JP12 7 - Cherry Sugar
    2014 JP13 6 - Cardinal Red Sparkle

User Info Menu

This is simple: a replacement trem cover is $10. Putting nail polish or whatever over it will mess with the signed plate and ruin its authenticity, which to me seems even worse than it wearing off. The only valid solution is to replace the signed plate with a new plate and put the signed one in a ziplock and put it somewhere safe.

User Info Menu

I have used those laminate report covers over signatures before. Basically a clear sticker that I cut to size then stick over the signature.
    A S T R O F R E Q . C O M

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

I have a signed plate by Steve Vai and Albert Lee.
    My mate (a guitar builder/repairer) misted it with many coats of lacquer. he did this when he was spraying some of his custom built acoustics, so there was no charge. he literally had to mist it many times .... as opposed to flooding it. It came out great !
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:
    Fender Jaguar Modern - P90's