Majesty New Colors 2021

Thread: Belated NGD

User Info Menu

Exclamation Belated NGD

Iíve been so busy I havenít had a chance to post my NGD experience late last year. For some time I have been longing for one of two Cutlass RS guitars that I assumed just didnít exist ó either a black Cutlass RS with the roasted maple neck/FB or a white RS with the roasted neck/FB. Of those two, my preference actually would have been white. Since white only comes with the rosewood FB on the Cutlass RS and black didnít seem to even be an option, I figured getting either combo was a pipe dream. Those may be boring combos for some in a world with amazing maple tops and colors, but for some reason I was longing for a classic look.

Well, one day I was surfing the web and found a used Cutlass RS for sale at a national big store brand. It was black, with a black PG, and white switch gear (collect call for Mr. Floyd). My jaw dropped. I didnít think this was ever a color combo option and figured someone swapped a roasted neck onto an older Cutlass body.

The guitar was in TN ó several states away from me. I got the store to send me more detailed pics of the guitar and it clearly needed a little help. The tone knob needed to be replaced as it looked to be damaged. It was also missing a tremolo arm. I ran the serial number in the EBMM database and it hit as a black cutlass RS. Wow. Again, I never knew that color combo was ever even offered.

Well, I pulled the trigger. The guitar needed a major setup upon arrival and Iíve slowly gotten her to my liking. This guitar was definitely played. It has lots of scuffs almost like the previous owner wore a bracelet on his/her right arm. Oh well. It gives it character. As a huge Gilmore fan, itís kind of fun having a MM in this color combo.

Sorry for the lame pic, photography is not my gift in life.

Belated NGD-adb6d693-215d-4b8c-be87-66379160fcaa-jpg
    2008 LE Silhouette Special SSS
    20th Silhoutte w/Piezo

User Info Menu

Congrats!

User Info Menu

Black with roasted maple is a killer combo
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 7pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...april-22-2021/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @nashvilleskies

User Info Menu

Nice, congrats! I'm a pretty massive Pink Floyd/David Gilmour fan so I knew what this was right away! lol I even owned a Custom Shop Gilmour signature model at one point (I was too afraid to take it out of the case so I got rid of it).

I've also owned a few guitars over the years, deluxe Str*ts and a EBMM Silo Special and an AL P90 etc, which I've done in all black similar to this one... a pro tip you may want to consider if you want to finalize the Gilmour black Str*t look... take a black sharpie to the white line around the edge of the pickguard, then go proudly play along with Animals or the entire Wall album!

PS if you really wana go nuts you can also get a custom Cutlass pickguard from Pickguard Planet... I had one made for my Charcoal Frost Cutlass (see attached), all black with a rounded bevel edge similar to the guard on the Gilmour guitar, albeit a bit thinner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Belated NGD-img_0156-jpg  
    Last edited by Cenobyte; 04-07-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Albert Lee HH
    Silhouette BFR July '20
    Cutlass SSS
    Reflex GC HSHP

User Info Menu

Nice score! Congrats!
    25th Anniversary Flame w/Trem SN G47750 DOB 10/13/09
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

That’s awesome. I have seen some amazing relics people have done to match his guitar. I didn’t seek out a black cutlass with white covers and switches, but I do dig it.
    20th Silhoutte w/Piezo

User Info Menu

Very cool! Congrats!
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple (Sold); Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

Shine on! And congrats
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009

User Info Menu

Congrats! Very nice.

User Info Menu

Congrats on one sweet guitar!!!
    "If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

Yucatan Blue Axis
    Black Sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

User Info Menu

That is absolutely amazing. I'm confused. Has EBMM ever offered that color with the black pickguard, or is this indeed a customized guitar?

User Info Menu

When I ran the serial number in the EBMM database, the description appeared to show it was all stock. I think the only thing the database didn’t show was the color or the pickup covers and switch gear/tremolo arm. So, it’s possible previous owner changed it to the vintage white from something else.
    20th Silhoutte w/Piezo

User Info Menu

Congratulations!!

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237