EB Tone Squad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Albert Lee Pickups/ wire harness question

User Info Menu

That pick guard definitely doesn't look like anything 920D would have done.
    2013 SbMM AX30D Natural Quilt Maple (1 0f 1 2008 Prototype)
    2014 SbMM JP100D BKOA Vintage Burst/Koa FOR SALE
    2015 SbMM JP100D MKOA Vintage Burst/Koa FOR SALE
    2005 EBMM Axis Super Sport Rosewood Top/Rosewood Neck - Hardtail
    2019 SbMM Albert Lee - Trans Walnut...Now Olympic White - HSH Mod - Dimarzio Virtual PAF/FS1/Virtual PAF
    2017 SbMM LK100D LUKE - Black Metallic - Stock - Dimarzio Transition pups - Now has Liquifire/Crunch Lab set

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kingdoublecut View Post
    That pick guard definitely doesn't look like anything 920D would have done.
    Hi, I'm curious why you would say that? I have never purchased from 920D before; however, that guard has the sticker etc...Seems like a lot of effort to fake something? My case was the guy never sent what I sent money for.

Anyways, 920d unfortunately is very low on pickup options right now even though they have an Albert Lee HH guard so I'm back to square one haha.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pspguitar View Post
    Hi, I'm curious why you would say that? I have never purchased from 920D before; however, that guard has the sticker etc...Seems like a lot of effort to fake something? My case was the guy never sent what I sent money for.

Anyways, 920d unfortunately is very low on pickup options right now even though they have an Albert Lee HH guard so I'm back to square one haha.
    920D does very neat and distinctive wiring/soldering. That looks work someone did at home.
    2013 SbMM AX30D Natural Quilt Maple (1 0f 1 2008 Prototype)
    2014 SbMM JP100D BKOA Vintage Burst/Koa FOR SALE
    2015 SbMM JP100D MKOA Vintage Burst/Koa FOR SALE
    2005 EBMM Axis Super Sport Rosewood Top/Rosewood Neck - Hardtail
    2019 SbMM Albert Lee - Trans Walnut...Now Olympic White - HSH Mod - Dimarzio Virtual PAF/FS1/Virtual PAF
    2017 SbMM LK100D LUKE - Black Metallic - Stock - Dimarzio Transition pups - Now has Liquifire/Crunch Lab set

User Info Menu

As mentionned above, pickguard heaven offers great pickguards. They are not too expensive and offer quality products. And they are also very easy to work with.

Concerning the pick-ups, you should join us on the "Ernie Ball Music Man Albert Lee Guitar Owners and Fans" Facebook page and ask if someone would sell his set, you never know.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Sparkle Pink
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise

User Info Menu

I may have an opportunity to acquire two stingray humbuckers. I believe these are EBMM in hous made pickups. Now, the stingray has a three position switch. I'm thinking of placing them with a five way switch.

Any comments on this...I do love the sound of a 5 way HH St Vincent. I just don't know how the coil split may sound? Any ideas?

User Info Menu

I don’t think they have a 4 conductor so can’t be split. Check with customer service though
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 7pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...april-22-2021/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @nashvilleskies

User Info Menu

Are you dead set on music man pickups? If not, might be worth considering a set of Suhr Thornbuckers - they are splittable
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 7pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...april-22-2021/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @nashvilleskies

User Info Menu

A member sold me a loaded AL pick guard...thanks for everyone's suggestions and help with this - appreciated