JP 20th Anniversary

Thread: JPXI with a black toggle switch: can it be original?

User Info Menu

Question JPXI with a black toggle switch: can it be original?

This dude has a JPXI for sale, but the magnetic 3-way switch is black. It looks like it was replaced, but he says it's 100% original. He also says he's the sole owner, and it's one of the first JPXI guitars made.

Can this be original?

JPXI with a black toggle switch: can it be original?-xi-jpg

User Info Menu

That is absolutely not a stock EBMM switch. Is the upper horn switch (mag/piezo switch) the same? Or is that one nickel/metal like normal? Because EBMM DEFINITELY would not install 2 diff switches.

User Info Menu

Is the toggle tip actually black (coated or plastic) or has the chrome simply worn off and the metal underneath become tarnished?

With the threads on the toggle not being black it is not the part EBMM uses, but severe tarnish could explain the appearance.
    Our exclusive color Diablo Blue is coming back in Summer 2021!
    DuBaldo Music's "Diablo Blue" !

^--- My Store --->
    DuBaldo Music on Facebook also on Twitter and on Instagram

Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    YELLOW 9 -- HeadSpace -- Romeo's Bleeding - Bon◆Jovi Tribute <--- My bands

User Info Menu

Beyond whether it's original ... it's just a toggle switch, nothing proprietary. A pretty easy replacement if you don't like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    Is the toggle tip actually black (coated or plastic) or has the chrome simply worn off and the metal underneath become tarnished?
    I don't think it's a metal one which became tarnished, it's uniformly black.

Quote Originally Posted by dibart77 View Post
    That is absolutely not a stock EBMM switch. Is the upper horn switch (mag/piezo switch) the same? Or is that one nickel/metal like normal? Because EBMM DEFINITELY would not install 2 diff switches.
    The mag/piezo switch is metal. It definitely was replaced, indeed.

User Info Menu

If the dude's lying about just a switch, makes me wonder what else he's lying about.
    2018 EBMM Axis BFR in Steel Blue
    2021 EBMM Sabre BFR in Coral Blue Burst
    2020 SbMM Axis in White
    2021 SbMM Axis in Neptune Blue
    ...and some other, lesser, non-MM guitars.