JP 20th Anniversary
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EBMM Steve Morse Y2K changing pickup configuration?

User Info Menu

Update: I bought the Y2D, and my local guitar tech set it up with push/pull on the tone control for splitting the humbuckers, and a push/pull on the volume control adding the neck pickup to whatever the 5-way switch shows. It works like a charm, so now I have 13 possible pickup combinations, which I guess is the same as my previous 4-pickup model had, but with a much cleaner/easier switching system :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EBMM Steve Morse Y2K changing pickup configuration?-music-sm-y2d-jpg  

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fbecir View Post
    Well done

What's your opinion on the splitted Morse Humbuckers ?
    I think they sound very nice. Obviously there's a difference in volume when you change from full HB to SC, but when combined with one of the other pickups (which is mostly the way I like to use it anyway), it's not noticeable.

User Info Menu

Nicely done.

User Info Menu

cool thing! I´m thrilled whtyou´r doing witth the bridge (other thread)
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011

My Band: Groove Bang

User Info Menu

That y2d looks great!!!

On my standard Morse I took the slanted single coil out and the 2 way switch out. I put a five way super switch in and use the three way switch as a coil tap. The three way switch is set up that 1 posticino is normal humbuckers and in the middle the humbuckers are split and I the top position only the bridge is split. The five way is set up like the y2d . I’ve change the pickups a few times but put the originals back in. I might switch again . I have a pearly gates and a custom custom I kinda want to try in the guitar. I just haven’t got around to it.
    Gio

Steve Morse Y2D with Floyd Rose
    Blueburst Steve Morse standard
    Purple Sterling Axis

User Info Menu

Definitely complicated.