EB Tone Squad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jp xx!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Interesting that the 20 will have a regular JP version and a Majesty version where as the prior anniversary guitars were just 1 model. Love what appears to be the yellowish inlays. But, that heavy burst is not my fave. I'll have to give this some thought. As a side note, I'm hoping at some point that regular base JP models get dot inlays back as an option. Some folks like me sometimes just want a basic guitar with no bling.

User Info Menu

Yeah, closest thing to a Score guitar we will get. I really think it's a perfect blend of class and shred. And I'm not normally into 'traditional' finishes - but that one's speaking to me.
    [SIGPIC[/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

I’m curious what pick ups the JP six looking model will have. Will the majesty have regular pick ups are also some special edition? I’m hoping for either LiquiCrunch or RainCatcher sets.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    There will be an announcement of the new JP colors on the 18th per a Facebook post by Scott on the EB fan club page a few days ago
    Thanks, Pete.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple (Sold); Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

John Petrucci 20th Anniversary | Guitars | Ernie Ball Music Man

Wish they had gone with an Oil and Wax Finish on the Neck.
    Also all other JP Models on the Website are gone. Are they all discontinued?!
    Music Man JP7 PDN 2012 Honey Roasted #F20403
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2013 Emerald Green Sparkle #G68213
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2014 Neptune Blue Roasted #G71474
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2016 Starry Night #G77086
    Music Man Bongo 5HH PDN 2015 Vintage Tobacco Burst #F44860

User Info Menu

Yes they have arrived!

20th Anniversary John Petrucci Guitars

Here's one of the very first JP6 models (built Feb 2, 2021)

And the backplates are pretty neat on these (and the Majesty) as well.

Our exclusive color Diablo Blue is coming back in Summer 2021!
    DuBaldo Music's "Diablo Blue" !

^--- My Store --->
    DuBaldo Music on Facebook also on Twitter and on Instagram

Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    YELLOW 9 -- HeadSpace -- Romeo's Bleeding - Bon◆Jovi Tribute <--- My bands

User Info Menu

And here is the VIDEO!

Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

The 20th is great and all, but canning the basswood JP in the process is extremely disappointing. It was a guitar that still had a reasonable price range within the MM lineup.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrewH View Post
    The 20th is great and all, but canning the basswood JP in the process is extremely disappointing. It was a guitar that still had a reasonable price range within the MM lineup.
    While the basswood JP is my #1 and my all-around "go to" guitar, it was completely overshadowed by the JP15 and Majesty. It had not been selling well in recent years and was discontinued a little while ago. If they don't sell well it's tough to justify keeping it in the lineup, no matter how affordable it may be for customers.

The 20th Anniversary pays tribute to the original basswood JP6 body shape while switching to a new wood cocktail, and gives a noticeable nod to the 2006 prototype that was built like a 20th Anniversary Silhouette. The prototype, visible in the DT "SCORE" DVD eventually became the BFR JP and recently renamed to the JP Maple Top.

^--- My Store --->

User Info Menu

I was not there, but the performance in minute 8 seems to come from the legendary Open House concert from 10-15 years ago.

I seem to remember that the whole recording was canned for some unspecified issue, but I maybe one day we’ll be able to enjoy it…

Congrats to JP and EBMM on the 20 years!

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    And here is the VIDEO!

2007 20th Anniversary Silo (Pics) (20thSOC)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mantrarock View Post
    I was not there, but the performance in minute 8 seems to come from the legendary Open House concert from 10-15 years ago.

I seem to remember that the whole recording was canned for some unspecified issue, but I maybe one day we’ll be able to enjoy it…

Congrats to JP and EBMM on the 20 years!
    Yes I saw that clip and said "woah, I remember that night!!" (2005 was the first Open House event)

If I remember BP correctly, the quality of the recorded audio was not acceptable .
    Last edited by PeteDuBaldo; 05-18-2021 at 01:35 PM. Reason: added year

^--- My Store --->

User Info Menu

These are looking really tempting. Glad the JP6 XX has the LiquiCrunch PUps.

User Info Menu

Well, ordered a JP6 XX the other day from Sweetwater. It is due to arrive In July sometime. Sweetwater said that new ones were only "trickling in". Does anyone know how many Music Man is producing?

User Info Menu

I drove up to Nashville Sunday and they had one of each in the GC Platinum Room. Looked awesome, for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

The man himself. . .
    [SIGPIC[/SIGPIC]