Joe Dart

Thread: WTB: Pickup for Sabre II

User Info Menu

WTB: Pickup for Sabre II

Someone did a hack-job replacement of the front pickup of this original Sabre II. I want to restore it to it's former glory. Anyone have an original pickup for it? If not, what is the closest I can come to the original?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WTB: Pickup for Sabre II-sabre2-jpg   WTB: Pickup for Sabre II-sabrepickups-jpg  
    Last edited by oledave; 05-16-2021 at 05:55 PM.

User Info Menu

Hi Dave there is a thread for stuff like this. Try posting it here:

WTB Music Man Guitars

There aren't too many people around here with the original MM stuff, good luck in your search.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

If those come with the newer 'in-house' EBMM pups, call customer service and see what they tell you...
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    If those come with the newer 'in-house' EBMM pups, call customer service and see what they tell you...
    oledave's Sabre II is one of the original Leo Fender-era models that was made from 1978-1982 (I think - not sure when those went out of production). Leo parted ways with MM during 1978, and stopped building the instrument in 1979 (so MM had to find someone else to build them until they went out of production).

MM went bankrupt in 1984 and EB bought the company, but never put the Leo-era guitar designs into production. The current StingRay, Sabre and Cutlass models are updated instruments using the same basic shape as the Leo-era guitars.

User Info Menu

Oops... guess I should have looked at the pics! Carry on...
    Balls are Best!!