Majesty New Colors 2021
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20th Anniversary JP6 photos - full circle?

User Info Menu

20th Anniversary JP6 photos - full circle?

It's a longer read, but here's the first 20th Anniversary JP6 model to arrive at DuBaldo Music Center - DOB Feb 2, 2021, Serial G92636 (one of the very first built for production). The subtle sparkle in the edges of the burst wakes up this color from the typical 2-tone burst, and matches the gold accents in the black hardware.

---Fun story time:
    Back on March 29 of 2006 we (DuBaldo Music) hosted a John Petrucci guitar clinic sponsored by EBMM. I had gone to the hotel to pick up JP, and in the lobby UPS had just dropped off a suspicious looking box from the factory. Naturally John wanted to open the box before hitting the road with me, and when his tech slid the case out of the box and JP lifted the lid all 3 of our jaws hit the floor.

It was the first prototype that eventually became the "BFR JP. The guitar was based on the recently released 20th Anniversary Silhouette. The guitar had a quilted maple top on an alder body with mahogany tone block, complete with forearm scoop, pickup rings, and it was finished in a Caramel Burst color.

JP looked up at me, laughed, and said "I really thought it was going to have gold hardware". He mentioned bringing it to the clinic, but I suggested his tech get it ready for the show that night (Oakdale Theatre in Wallingford CT). JP wound up using the guitar on several songs that night, and then it popped up again, and again, and again, on the tour, and was used on the SCORE DVD.

One of the great things about working with EBMM for all of these years is how things seem to come full-circle. From personally being there at the moment when JP first opened the case on the prototype, to my store getting one of the very first (if not the very first) production 20th Anniversary model built along a similar theme, it's special!

Enjoy the photos!

Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci - 20th Anniversary JP6

Our exclusive color Diablo Blue is coming back in Summer 2021!
    DuBaldo Music's "Diablo Blue" !

^--- My Store --->
    DuBaldo Music on Facebook also on Twitter and on Instagram

Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    YELLOW 9 -- HeadSpace -- Romeo's Bleeding - Bon◆Jovi Tribute <--- My bands

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing, Pete! I'm very excited for this model. and I always love hearing stories like these. I personally love the appointments, and it's a guitar that can be used at the performance level in a variety of applications. I think they hit it out of the park with this one.
    [SIGPIC[/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Gorgeous! That's an amazing story, Pete.

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing both story and pics!
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009

User Info Menu

Cool story! Thanks for sharing

User Info Menu

thanks for sharing. I remember well the arriving of the first BFR line and the excitement here on the forum
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011

My Band: Groove Bang

User Info Menu

Cool guitar. Cooler story!
    Starry Night LIII HH
    DuBaldo Blue LIII HH
    Bali Burst LIII HH
    some other LIIIs
    25th Anniversary

User Info Menu

Many thanks Pete. For those who are interested, here is a pic of the Score guitar that I have lusted after for years. Pretty close with this one!
    20th Anniversary JP6 photos - full circle?-ebmmjp6caramelburst-jpg
    COME ON YOU IRONS....

User Info Menu

Great story, gorgeous instrument!
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

I’m not sure which I like better between the JP6 and the Majesty. I’m leaning towards the JP6.

User Info Menu

Wowzers...!!! Those photos are something else.

User Info Menu

Holy Moly.
    We need a L3 in this Color!
    2019 LIII in Firemist Purple

2020 LIII in Fuchsia Sparkle

2021 LIII Cherry Burst Quilt Top

User Info Menu

I pre-ordered one from you for the December window and these threads didn't help me in refraining from doing that.

User Info Menu

I love hearing these stories.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrewH View Post
    I pre-ordered one from you for the December window and these threads didn't help me in refraining from doing that.
    Awesome, I thank you very much!
    Our exclusive color Diablo Blue is coming back in Summer 2021!
    DuBaldo Music's "Diablo Blue" !

^--- My Store --->
    DuBaldo Music on Facebook also on Twitter and on Instagram

Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    YELLOW 9 -- HeadSpace -- Romeo's Bleeding - Bon◆Jovi Tribute <--- My bands